Loathing - Cant see tools for loathing

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
anubus

Post by anubus »

when i click on the loathing program it loads up and everything i can even see the maps, but i dont see the tools used for editing the maps. I downloaded the Loathing MIA file but it didnt do anything. What should i do?
teepens

Post by teepens »

open loathing, check the windows tab and see if you can activate tool bar from there.
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

could also try deleting the loathing prefs
Mauglir
anubus

Post by anubus »

nah i tried opening it from there mad times but nada:-(. Ill try deleting the preferences and see what happens. But question though if the info for loathing is on my myth 2 disk how come every thing else gets installed right but loathing comes out all screwed up? That doesnt make any sence to me, please enlighten..........
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Loathing was built as an in-house developlemt tool, not as a polished application intended for the average user. Some effort was made by Bungie to make it stable for the M2 release, but it is far from perfect.
Mauglir
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

Yet, it's better than the tools that the Myth I group used to work on TFL.

"Monster Intelligence: Totally High (Like Jason)".

Anyone remembers that?
anubus

Post by anubus »

Its mad funny 51 cats read this and no one knows how to fix this. Well u know what screw loathing shit dont want to work, fine then it dont work. Ill wait until i see an upgrage for that piece of crap and download that. Maybe then i can finish my damn map.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Sorry about the delay getting an answer to you, not sure why the XP MIA isnt working for you. :o(

2 ways to do this, first, lets try the easier route . . .

Right-Click on the XPLoathingRegister.reg file and select edit, you should then see something like this . . .
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Bungie\WinLoathing\Window Positions]
"screenWindowX"=dword:00000000
"screenWindowY"=dword:00000000
"overheadWindowX"=dword:00000280
"overheadWindowY"=dword:00000032
"toolsWindowX"=dword:00000003
"toolsWindowY"=dword:00000223
"mapactionsWindowX"=dword:00000000
"mapactionsWindowY"=dword:00000140
"sceneryWindowX"=dword:00000280
"sceneryWindowY"=dword:00000000
"terrainWindowX"=dword:00000280
"terrainWindowY"=dword:00000032
Change any character / numeral thats not a 0 into a 0 then save the file. Double click it, and agree when it asks if you want to update your registy. Now when you run Loathing, all your windows should appear in the upper left of your screen.

OR . . . .

The second way, and the way I originally created the XPLoathingRegister.reg file . . .

Run Regedit.exe, you may have to do a search or find on your computer.

Once its running, open the folders HKEY_CURRENT_USER, >> Software, >> Bungie, >>WinLoathing >> Window Positions.

Now look for any of the settings that are not 0x00000000 (0), double click the name of the offending lines, add 0 to Value data, click ok, repeat as necessary.

Once all lines read 0x00000000, close out regedit, and fire up Loathing, and all should be well and visible again. :o)

Ill test and UL an new Loathing MIA as soon as I can figure out why this one I had made a while back is no longer working, for some reason the values it contained were not what I expected to see.

::wonders if somehow his Win98MIA fix got mistaken for his XPMIA when he ULd it:: :oO

Anyways, GL HF, and Die well :o)

**EDIT:
Its mad funny 51 cats read this and no one knows how to fix this. Well u know what screw loathing shit dont want to work, fine then it dont work. Ill wait until i see an upgrage for that piece of crap and download that. Maybe then i can finish my damn map.
Patience friend, Loathing requires loads and loads of Patience and at times a big heavy persuasive crowbar. ;o) Again, Sorry for the delay.[/color]

Edited By GHOST® on 1082391831
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
anubus

Post by anubus »

Hey man my bad for sounding impatient, but i have been trying to get some help w/this for like over a month now. Anyway thanks for the help. ;)
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]::sneaks away from Real Life© for a few moments::

All better now I hope ??

If so, stash that modified .reg file away, or save a copy of the one from regedit if you did it that way. Then, in the future when and if your overhead map, toolbar, etc decide to go on hiatus off screen, you can just double click that tag and re-open Loathing with everything reset on your screen. :o)

::will UL a new *working* version of XPLoathing MIA Fix L8r tonight or tomorrow::[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
anubus

Post by anubus »

Still nothing but thanks for trying. One thing though the loathing mia file was made for windows right? cause im using windows exp.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]There was 2, the first/original one I made for Win98(se) when thats the operating sytem I had, I then created a new one when I upgraded to XP home, so it should work. :oO

Even thru Regedit you still have no toolbar ?? What resolution are you running at by the way ??

::Is totally perplexed, but will continue to try and help anubus resolve this::[/color]
anubus

Post by anubus »

Wait are u saying that the resolution may be the cause of this. it funny cause it stop working around the time i got myth three and had to change the resolution to 800*600 pixels.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Aye, try switiching to 1024x768 and re-running the MIA fix, if still nothing, push your resolution as far as safely possible and try again.

::thinks we hit on the problem::[/color]

Edited By GHOST® on 1082406657
anubus

Post by anubus »

hey ghost thanks a mill dude its working now. how did u know that it was the resolution? U dont have to answer that. Again thanks man :D :D :D