Even more problems

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Loial

Post by Loial »

Eh, if u read the other post about seeing unites on other side of map, it still is that way. I thought it was fixed but it showed again today. Someone got any suggestions on what it might be? the ambient life are marked ambient life and team -1 i also got some peasants near that startspot.

And the sound.. I can hear people fighting and dwarfbottles on other side of map, like if i was looking right at that spot. What could this be?

Also, is there any way to make fire burn on some parts of the map, while it doesnt burn on others?
Loial
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Flamable area of the mesh can be somewhat controlled with different terrain. Rock and Desert terrains shouldn't burn like Grass does - at least in theory. It sorta works, but fire still lingers for about half a second even on Rock terrain, which looks kinda weird.

As for the unit and sound thing, check this: open the monster tag for your ambient life and make sure their class is set to Ambient Life (not melee or missile or anything else).
Mauglir
Loial

Post by Loial »

I know what cause the problem with me seeing unites on other side now. Its the peasants, when someone kill them i cant see anymore. But the weird thing is, that this do not happen every game, sometimes u cant see other side even tho ppl stand right on top of peasants. They are marked ambient life in both fear monter tag and in loathing.
Loial
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

You probably have one or more peasants assigned to the wrong team. I suggest deleting all the peasants on the map and replacing them carefully.
Mauglir