Map problems - Help help help

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

So I'm ready to test my map... I check off the complete box and all that... then I build plug with all the tags I used (includes outside units)... get on myth... setup it up to test in multiplayer (Don't have to plug it's just there in the list already)... hit start... CRASHES TO DESKTOP (doesn't even get to load bar).

PLZ HELP!! :o
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

Update: Now it's loading up part way then kicking me back to the main menu. It probably has something to do with the outside foreign units on my map, but I included all their tags and what not when I built the plug, so shouldn't it work? :o

Help!! :(
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

what's in your myth_log.txt?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

iron wrote:what's in your myth_log.txt?
Ummm alot of this...

Error: Data Corrupted in C:\Program Files\DevStudio\MyProjects\Myth II\Myth 2\tag_files\tag_files.c, line #3031: the monolithic file 'plugins\MSVCP60.DLL' had a bad header

...All of which have 'had a bad header' at the end.

:(
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I've seen that error before, but can't recall exactly what it's saying...or how to fix it for that matter :( Try playing the map with your local folder rather than the built plugin file? See if you get the same errors. What type of map is it?
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

Well its a reg two team map with the following units:

-Myrmidons
-spider (queen)
-spider (small)
-shade (dreamless)
-lock (net)
-fetch
-Forsaken
-souless

p.s.

I got alot of those errors... I don't think that is good.

:angry: :( :angry:
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hrm. You really shouldn't have files like MSVCP60.DLL in your plugins folder. That sounds really odd.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Garrick-n- said . . .
(Don't have to plug it's just there in the list already)

Sounds to me like if you didnt have to activate your plugin in order to see the level, then its because you havent removed or hidden your local folder ??

IIRC, your level shouldnt show up in the level listing AT ALL unless its plugin is active, and then only if you shift-new game or have played it before.

Just a guess at this point, sorry. :o(
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

Well I hid my local folder and it loaded!! Then it went Game Over right when it started... :angry:

so problem after problem... maybe some day it will work!!!

Thank you for the help btw!! :)

ummm just a question... do I keep my local folder hidden and make a new one? or can it be unhidden at some point?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Heh, I thought your problem sounded all too familiar to me, I am glad you got that one figured out. :o)

Yes, just unhide your local folder, (I just use the maps name and add or remove it from the local to hide or unhide it), and remove the plugin to a safe location as a back up.

Now you say your game ended immediatley ?? What game type ?? As assassin and other types will end immediatley if no opposing players are present, (iirc, not the best at multi-maps mb).

Anyways, good luck and have fun. :oD

Edited By GHOST® on 1081397838
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

Oh it was on body count.

Thank you again ;o
Garrick-n-

Post by Garrick-n- »

Well the map is up and running... :)

Sadly I had to cut the following units....
-Forsaken (generated to many errors)
-myrm (cut for now because it was connected to some of the corrupted forsaken tags, but may beable to find a different verison of them somewhere else)

The rest of it pretty much works and I added krids, zerks, and heron guard heroes to fill in the gap left by the removed units.

Now I just have to fix my messed up "blood" water on the outsides of the map, fix some passibility, add in overhead and pregame, and make different verisons of units for the map! :) rejoice!

Thanks Alot for the Help!

p.s.

I'm really looking forward to the new coops you guys are making for summer 2004! :) I hope they will show off alot of the new features that myth 1.5 has to offer! :)

PEACE
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Sadly I had to cut the following units....
-Forsaken (generated to many errors)
-myrm (cut for now because it was connected to some of the corrupted forsaken tags, but may beable to find a different verison of them somewhere else)
You could always extract the newest Myrm/Forsaken Tags from Scourge of Belial. Iron redid this collection for me and all the Tags should be clearly marked for easily knowing which tags are relevant for extraction.[/color]