Crash problems

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Loial

Post by Loial »

I just worked for some time on a map. Im on a mac and got v 1.2 of loathing and fear. The map was working fine, after I tried to import a pregame picture tho, i got some problems.

My pregame was indexed to 256 colours and was 377 pixels wide by 190 pixels high. PICT format. When i try to load my map it drops out to main menu when loading.

in the myth log it says: "Error: Data Corrupted in definitions.c, line #584: mesh definition postprocess failed on 'dypskog dark'."

I removed the pregame file from collection folder but map still crash. can someone please help me out?

Loial
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Try using Amber to import the pregame pic (it'll need to be .BMP format). Fear doesn't work well for pregames or overheads.

At the moment it sounds like your 'dypskog dark' pregame is corrupted. Removing it doesn't work because your mesh is set to load it. If you opened the mesh tag in Fear you could make Pregame nothing or a bungie pregame & the mesh will load again.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Loial

Post by Loial »

ok thank you, it doest crash anylonger now. You know where i can DL amber?
Loial
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Amber, and most of the other Myth tools are available on the hl.udogs.net Hotline server.

And see my other post about Jade. That is an even better tool than Amber for creating Pregames.
Mauglir