Takeing and giving control of units - Loathing question

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
fear

Post by fear »

Ok, I'm doing a small cutscene at the beginning of my new map, but I cannot allow the user to have the unit, as the only way I got the ghost to show up was to have him an enemy.

I've taken away user control of the units, but no matter what I do, the control never does allow transfer back to the user. I've done a unit control that activates on the activation of the unit walking back to base, and everything on the list activates EXCEPT giving the unit back to the player ;\
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]OK, First, if you have uncontrollable units, (either thru MONS Pallette or script), and no controllable units nearby you will need to place an invisible observer to allow viewing of these units until control is returned.

Next to return control of units to the player set up your Unit Control (CTRL), linked to the units youre returning controll of with the Ignores User Control Flag Parameter and the Recieves Use Control Flag Parameter, make sure to remove control Ignores is set to TRUE, Recieved is set to False, and reverse if youre returning control to the player.

This is one of the few MA`s / Parameters that actually require a TRUE / FALSE to work correctly.

Lastly, Units set to Uncontrollable via the MONS Pallette then given control of to the player will not show up in the endgame stats, so its better to make them Uncontrollable via MAs

GL Fear. :o)

edit* Dont forget to remove the invisible observer, (delete or make invisible), after control of the units are given. If you dont then if the Endgame (ENDG) loss occurs, you wont be able to see anything on the map except where you left the observer.[/color]

Edited By GHOST® on 1081720887
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
fear

Post by fear »

ok ghost, you officially kick ass and I will never kick you in the nuts or hump your leg again. :)

The false on ignores user control did it :)
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"