"mirringale has but one weakness..." - Multiplayer scripting woes

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I've made this two-team level where there's a drain (from Creep) on the outside of the wall, and a tunnel leading out of a fountain on the inside of the castle.

This is all very imperious thinking, but I have a problem. I'm not sure how to script it so that troops can go on a return journey after they've snuck into the city. Same problem with the baddies.

Should I just make the tunnel a one way ticket for whoever goes in? Or should I try to find a way to make it two-way-able?

Once more, for clarity. (I'm worried I'm being indecipherable here).
DUDE > walks into drain > pops up on other side.
I'm worried that if I script it so that he can walk back through, he'll get caught in an endless chain of back and forward between tunnels.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

I don't remember who did it, but somebody made a map where you walk into a tunnel in a dwarven cave, stand there for a few seconds, then you disappear and reappear at the other end. I don't remember who made it or what the name of the map was though.

You can do that, or have the unit teleport farther out of the tunnel. Like I put below, the x is where you have to stand in order to teleport, and the o is where you teleport to. The lines just represent the space between tunnels.

ox ||||||||||||||||| xo

¤¤ Unkfolt
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
Sublime

Post by Sublime »

Or....you could always make the unit have to taunt in order to pass through the tunnel...that would keep it from doing a chain reaction, but having to taunt could cost delicate time.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I had considered taunts actually... I'll work at it.

Also, I believe it was Ephor of Myrgard by Iron that had the tunnel you speak of?
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Datax's Myth Clue also had a secret passage feature that would effectively teleport you to opposite corners of the map.
Mauglir
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

yes, Ephor had it but occasionally units would be frozen in place when they reached the other end. Ibis Crown moved units in a similar way, though all in one group.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Funny... sometimes my units get stuck too. Hmmm. Am I landing them too close to the impassable area around the exit?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

that'd be one thing to check. I never solved it in Ephor, and it only seemed to happen once in 20 games.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder