Talking - Talking units with sound actions

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
ViralDoctor

Post by ViralDoctor »

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a project for school, in which I'm recreating the first scene of Hamlet using the Myth II engine. :D

It's a bit annoying in some ways, as for it to display each line I have to make a sound action activate, etc. Right now, that's not the problem, it work's fine (although time consuming!).

What I'm wondering is in Fear what monster Sequence plays when the unit is asked to play a sound? It seems when the action plays they hold up their sword, but I want to make it more obvious who's speaking. Ideally, a light at their feet, but that sounds really tricky.

Also, whenever I am done using Fear/Loathing (in classic), I quit them and run Myth II to test it (OS 10.3.3, Myth II 1.4.4 i think). After, I find I have to restart the classic environment if I want to use Fear/Loathing again. Is there a way to fix this?

Great work on the site, looks sweet! :)
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]If you wanted something like a light to be put on the talking unit you could make a unit that has a local prjectile group attached to it and make the units object tag scale fraction 0 (after youve scripted everything) so you dont see the unit.

When youve done that you can script the unit to be visible or not when the other units talk.[/color]
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

or you could zoom the camera in on them. Or put something like this:
Hamlet: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Horatio: I think it's your mom.
ViralDoctor

Post by ViralDoctor »

Thanks for the suggestions!

It seems I don't have enough time to add the light, as that would add to an already too long script (2400 lines, 180 sound actions). I'm currently using the subtitles, each of which activate from a sound action. Not all are showing up, Loathing won't load all the sounds in the drop down menu selector. :(

I guess I'll have to do something, maybe break it into two parts somehow.