Myth II 1.8.3 Public Beta [Updated]

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.8.3 Public Beta [Updated]

Post by Myrd »

Project Magma is proud to announce that the official public beta of Myth II version 1.8.3 is now available.

Myth II 1.8.3 is an incremental update over Myth II 1.8.2, fixing a number of bugs (e.g. out-of-sync errors, team chat visibility in films) and adding various improvements, such as 64-bit support on Mac and Linux, a plugin reload feature within Myth and more.

Download it here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... ublic-beta

To see the detailed list of changes, consult the ReadMe here: Readme_1.8.3_beta.pdf

Everyone is encouraged to install the beta, and help test the next version of Myth II. We need your help to find any bugs, so that we can fix them before the final version.

Please post all bug reports regarding Myth II 1.8.3 in this thread.

Note: The beta has been updated to a new version (build 451) which now expires in mid November and has some bug fixes over the original release. If your beta has expired, please re-download.
GodzFire

Re: Myth II 1.8.3 Public Beta

Post by GodzFire »

It would be nice if each download was it's own separate Tain entry, that would allow tracking to see how many downloads of each build there are.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

GodzFire wrote:It would be nice if each download was it's own separate Tain entry, that would allow tracking to see how many downloads of each build there are.
We have that tracking already, just not publicly visible.
Industry

Post by Industry »

I'm getting an "Installed Failed" while extracting the files. For the OSX Installer. Upgrading my 446 build on a 10.7.5 machine.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Industry wrote:I'm getting an "Installed Failed" while extracting the files. For the OSX Installer. Upgrading my 446 build on a 10.7.5 machine.
Sorry to hear that. In the meantime, you could do right click on app -> show package contents and manually find resources.zip.7z inside it and extract yourself.

Could you provide output from Console.app after the instal fails?
hmp

Post by hmp »

Bug: After using the reload button, games that were red and should now be light grey (open) are dark grey (closed/started)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

1) The dragon breath/annihilation balls studder issue is still present in 1.8.3. It now freezes up my game for a few seconds each time. It's easily recreatable on OSX. Just run Mazz.

2) New OSX bug: Myth is seeing keypad 0 the same as number row 0 now. Before they were two separate buttons.
Thalander

Post by Thalander »

Bug: film I recorded on 1.8.3 beta in a game with mixed clients (beta and non) is broken.

Expected: Normal film playback behavior

Actual: At around 7 minutes gametime remaining, no new player input is seen in the film. No one talks after that point and units only finish obeying existing commands. (This is not what happened in the actual game). I have tried playing the film back in both 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 beta and it appears broken in both, suggesting the recording file is broken and not the playback.

OSX 10.13.6
Attachments
Netgame- 2018-08-10 22.49.03.m2rec.zip
(48.54 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

A number of recordings and logs with errors and a postgame shot of losing connection to the metaserver.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/16i5n1

EDIT: Can .ping be made default please for pregame?
wonka

Post by wonka »

It was working very nicely up until creating a TCP IP game. After switching back to GoS I get an error.

Establishing connection with metaserver at metaserver.gateofstorms.net:6321...
Could not connect!
Disconnecting from metaserver.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.11.37 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.11.37 PM.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 19352 times
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Thanks for all the reports everyone, keep them coming!
Thalander wrote:Bug: film I recorded on 1.8.3 beta in a game with mixed clients (beta and non) is broken.

Expected: Normal film playback behavior

Actual: At around 7 minutes gametime remaining, no new player input is seen in the film. No one talks after that point and units only finish obeying existing commands. (This is not what happened in the actual game). I have tried playing the film back in both 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 beta and it appears broken in both, suggesting the recording file is broken and not the playback.

OSX 10.13.6
Has this happened more than once? The myth_log from when this happened might be helpful too.
wonka wrote:It was working very nicely up until creating a TCP IP game. After switching back to GoS I get an error.

Establishing connection with metaserver at metaserver.gateofstorms.net:6321...
Could not connect!
Disconnecting from metaserver.
Does this happen every time, intermittently or just once? What OS are you on? I wasn't able to reproduce this on Windows.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

GodzFire wrote:Can .ping be made default please for pregame?
What do you mean by this? The ping showing in the pregame lobby is always on for me without having to use a dot command for it. Is yours always off and you always have to turn it on? I'm on Windows.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

The choice for .ping is saved in the preferences file, and if a user has never typed .ping before then it won't be enabled. Godz wants it enabled by default when the preferences are reset.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Correct, I don't see any reason for it not to be.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

You could argue it's annoying and useless information for most people most of the time. We are conservative about changing stuff that's potentially divisive. If you could do a survey/poll showing that almost no one would be opposed to having it there, then it would be more justified.