Myth II 1.8.2 Released!

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.8.2 Released!

Post by Myrd »

I'm happy to announce the release of Myth II 1.8.2, which is now available for download.

Myth II version 1.8.2 is the latest instalment in Project Magma's series of updates to Myth II. This release is an incremental update, bringing new OS compatibility, additional polishing and bugfixing, plus a few great new features.

Below are some of the highlights of the 1.8.2 update:
  • Ability to join co-operative games while they're in progress.
  • Updated higher-resolution Myth II interface, included by default.
  • Notifications when a player sends you a private message while Myth is in the background.
  • Fix for the Warlock Elder's fireball attack on The Seventh God plugin.
  • A new “Long Player List” preference that shows more players in the metaserver lobby.
  • A new preference to persist the camera zoom level between games and launches of Myth.
... And many, many more.

Info & Download:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2_182/

Full list of changes in 1.8.2:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2 ... _1.8.2.pdf

Special thanks to all those who participated in our public betas, your feedback was essential to catching and correcting a number of severe issues.

Happy Mything!
Platinum

Re: Myth II 1.8.2 Released!

Post by Platinum »

I installed mine today, and the resolution is all distorted. All settings are maximized and they are the same as before. But now it looks as if its on terrible resolution. One on the left is 1.8.0 (a copy of M2 I have installed in another file folder.) One on the right is the newly installed 1.8.2.

Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Okay fixed. Something got messed up with interface resolution and pixel zoom prefs.
wonka

Post by wonka »

Is there any way we can more verbose logs?

My autohosts crash a lot these days and there is nothing in there except "Starting mesh "Venice"..."
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Also noticed during recording playback, there is no more whisper or yell sound effects throughout the game. Is that just for COOP or was that taken out completely? Sometimes its nice to note when something is whispered among a teammate versus something yelled out loud, especially during team games.
wonka

Post by wonka »

Myrd wrote: [*]Notifications when a player sends you a private message while Myth is in the background.
This is very cool.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Amazing!!

You guys are the best, keeping this amazing gem alive. I hope to one day, be able to buy everyone a few beers to thank you personally for your great amazing work. You guys rock!
Myrd wrote:I'm happy to announce the release of Myth II 1.8.2, which is now available for download.

Myth II version 1.8.2 is the latest instalment in Project Magma's series of updates to Myth II. This release is an incremental update, bringing new OS compatibility, additional polishing and bugfixing, plus a few great new features.

Below are some of the highlights of the 1.8.2 update:
  • Ability to join co-operative games while they're in progress.
  • Updated higher-resolution Myth II interface, included by default.
  • Notifications when a player sends you a private message while Myth is in the background.
  • Fix for the Warlock Elder's fireball attack on The Seventh God plugin.
  • A new “Long Player List” preference that shows more players in the metaserver lobby.
  • A new preference to persist the camera zoom level between games and launches of Myth.
... And many, many more.

Info & Download:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2_182/

Full list of changes in 1.8.2:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2 ... _1.8.2.pdf

Special thanks to all those who participated in our public betas, your feedback was essential to catching and correcting a number of severe issues.

Happy Mything!
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.