Reissue/Digital sale?

Talk about anything here.
Hicks

Reissue/Digital sale?

Post by Hicks »

I was curious if there was any word or attempt at re-releasing Myth/Myth 2 over the past few years?

I remember getting a boxed copy of the games, Sold Out Software release for TFL and it was an Infogrammes budget release of Myth 2, must of been about 2000-2002.

Did the games ever get any form of digital distribution? As looking on the UK Ebay site they still go for a good amount of money.

Who even holds the rights to the games now?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Reissue/Digital sale?

Post by Pyro »

While Bungie made the games, the rights lay with Take Two. Attempts to get them to have the game available for digital download have been made in the past but none have succeeded.
Hicks

Post by Hicks »

Interesting. I don't know why but I was always under the impression that Microsoft held the rights.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

When Microsoft bought Bungie, Take Two owned a fraction of Bungie. So a deal was struck so that Take Two got the rights of Myth and Oni in exchange for Bungie owning that fraction back.
Hicks

Post by Hicks »

Makes it quite doubtful that there'll be a reissue anytime soon then I'd imagine.

Glad I made an .iso backup of the disc for Myth 2.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Myth 2 was listed on a legal online games download service some years ago. Their devs distributed a Magma patched version. I don't remember their name and I don't know if it still exists. Take2 isn't much interested in Myth.