Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta

Post by Myrd »

hmp wrote:This is maybe not a bug, but more of an unexpected behavior from the "player count" map action:

I'm using the player count map action to try and keep track of how many players are in the game and detect when a player leaves or joins the game.

Script basically works by checking whether the number of players = x (x starts as 1). If that fails, it activates two actions, one to check whether number of players > x and one to check num players < x. depending on which one of those actions succeeds, some math actions either add or subtract 1 from x, and then run the script again.

The script works fine when players join, however it seems that when someone leaves the game, the number of players does not actually go down (as far as the player count map action can tell)

I did some other testing and it seems that if a player keeps joining, dropping, and rejoining, then the player index assigned each time keeps going up, and never goes down.

It also seems like there are two additional player indexes perhaps assigned to team 1 and team 2 in coop, that are assigned the indexes following the players in game when the game starts (if the game starts with 1 player then that player will get index 0, indexes 1 and 2 will be reserved, and if a new player joins they will be index 3)

Is all of this correct, or am I making a mistake somewhere with the scripting? If I am correct, it would be nice to have a parameter or action that can count the actual current number of players in the game, rather than just (apparently) counting the total number of player indexes that have been assigned at some point during the game.
That's correct. I believe if you use the _player_count_field_name_count_team_players_only parameter (e.g. targeting team 0 in coop), then that will give you the value excluding dropped players.
hmp

Post by hmp »

Myrd wrote:That's correct. I believe if you use the _player_count_field_name_count_team_players_only parameter (e.g. targeting team 0 in coop), then that will give you the value excluding dropped players.
Ok yeah that parameter makes it work correctly, thanks.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Haven't read through in detail this thread so I may be redundant in a few of these issues that I've come up with:

Games crashing before loading. One example being Carlinho's D-Day 1.9 (HD units). I actually haven't been able to run this plugin since the first 1.8 patch.

If a multiplayer game is started while I'm typing (I believe while holding shift for caps) it crashes Myth.

Also, I had asked before if there could be a setting implemented that increased unit health in game prefs. I likened it do Goldeneye/Perfect Dark for N64 that you could adjust enemy's health so that it took more shots to kill an enemy. Can the same be implemented in Myth prefs instead of having to design a plugin? Like say for instance if you selected Legendary, it would give all enemy units 200% health over standard. Or you could adjust it based on a scale of 1000%?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Platinum wrote:Haven't read through in detail this thread so I may be redundant in a few of these issues that I've come up with:

Games crashing before loading. One example being Carlinho's D-Day 1.9 (HD units). I actually haven't been able to run this plugin since the first 1.8 patch.

If a multiplayer game is started while I'm typing (I believe while holding shift for caps) it crashes Myth.
When Myth crashes, it should save off a myth_crashlog file in the Myth folder. Can you post its contents please?
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Myrd wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
Myrd wrote:
Deceiver wrote:Possible to get the actual game file rather than an installation file that requires Java SE 6? I don't have that installed
You can show package contents and find required.zip.7z inside it which has the files.
Seconded Deceiver's request, as I had requested in another thread. With Java no longer being installed, it would be nice to have the installer changed to a non-Java version, or a manual install offered.
You're literally replying to my post that tells you how to do a manual install. Otherwise, when we ship the final, the installer for that doesn't require Java to be installed.

Hmm, I did the manual install and when opening the Myth 1.8.2 public beta file I get asked to "Insert CD or do full install" any ideas? :/
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Deceiver wrote:
Myrd wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
Myrd wrote:
Deceiver wrote:Possible to get the actual game file rather than an installation file that requires Java SE 6? I don't have that installed
You can show package contents and find required.zip.7z inside it which has the files.
Seconded Deceiver's request, as I had requested in another thread. With Java no longer being installed, it would be nice to have the installer changed to a non-Java version, or a manual install offered.
You're literally replying to my post that tells you how to do a manual install. Otherwise, when we ship the final, the installer for that doesn't require Java to be installed.

Hmm, I did the manual install and when opening the Myth 1.8.2 public beta file I get asked to "Insert CD or do full install" any ideas? :/
My guess is you didn't put the files in the right location. The Myth II app needs to be in the Myth II folder that contains the "tags" folder with the data from the full installation as well as the plugins folder with the needed patches.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Myrd wrote:
Deceiver wrote:
Myrd wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
Myrd wrote:

My guess is you didn't put the files in the right location. The Myth II app needs to be in the Myth II folder that contains the "tags" folder with the data from the full installation as well as the plugins folder with the needed patches.

Hmm, alright. I replaced the myth 2.app with the previous version and I moved all the Plugins from the new and replaced the old files in the Plugins map. But i'll check again to see what i did wrong :)
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

A couple of the crash logs are too big of a file to post here. How can I upload it?
Attachments
myth_crashlog- 2018-01-10 22.03.28.zip
(192.05 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
myth_crashlog- 2018-01-10 22.12.42.zip
(186.1 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
myth_crashlog- 2018-01-10 21.58.26.zip
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You can upload it to this file request link. It will ask for a name and email. This is not important but can't be disabled so just put whatever. For the name you can put your username or blank spaces. For email just put pyro at projectmagma dot net or anything it thinks is valid.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Platinum wrote:A couple of the crash logs are too big of a file to post here. How can I upload it?
Thanks! All of those appear to be the same issue and we now have it fixed for the next build. Thanks for the reports!

Also, the giant crash logs seem to be because the "Clicking Grounds" map has map action debugging enabled, so its spewing a lot of log data.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Bug: The camera zoom is sometimes messed up when I load a new level :|
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

We've now posted public beta 2, see this thread:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=7104

Locking this one.