Zoom out farther mod ?

Talk about anything here.
CaoCao7

Zoom out farther mod ?

Post by CaoCao7 »

is there a mod ever made to let you zoom out farther??

or is there some way i can make it??

i used to mod Myth2 all the time as a kid, so maaybe i couuld find the tag to edit?
or there isnt any??

anyone know if you can make it able to zoom out more? id like to zoom the camera out more

i guess the patches that make it 1920x1080 make it zoom out more, but i wanna zoom out even more than that
CaoCao7

Re: Zoom out farther mod ?

Post by CaoCao7 »

there is like "observer constants" tag ... with zoom velocity,
but thats just zoom speed huh? nothing to do with zoom amount .. :/
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

explain best what you want , give us an example ...
hmp

Post by hmp »

Currently the only way to zoom out in a plugin is to individually modify every mesh to lower the terrain. Unfortunately there is no way to make the extended zoom feature active during gameplay.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

We've talked about allowing mapmakers to enable this on a per-plugin/mesh basis as the main concern is breaking/unbalancing content people designed without the feature in mind. That's less of an issue if people design it specifically for larger zoom ranges, so if this is something that people want for newly created plugins (even multiplayer), it's worth bringing up as a client feature request again. There's no technical reason it can't be enabled during gameplay.
hmp

Post by hmp »

Yes, please add it as an option.
Hicks

Post by Hicks »

Would be really nice to be able to zoom out during gameplay to the same extent as in watching replays.

Wonderful to see how this project has kept on going. Thank you for your effort and hard work keeping Myth going!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I just made one, Zoom Extended. Only works on the default solo/multi maps for this beta. Requires the new 1.8.2 public beta 2 at minimum to work. Others in the game don't need to be on that version for you to enjoy your extended zoom. They will need the plugin however. If it helps, use Shift zoom in/out rather than regular zooming.
Hicks

Post by Hicks »

Pyro wrote:I just made one, Zoom Extended. Only works on the default solo/multi maps for this beta. Requires the new 1.8.2 public beta 2 at minimum to work. Others in the game don't need to be on that version for you to enjoy your extended zoom. They will need the plugin however. If it helps, use Shift zoom in/out rather than regular zooming.
Wonderful thank you!

I keep on coming back to Myth every few years and it's wonderful to see it being kept alive.
Renwoodpeaches2018

Post by Renwoodpeaches2018 »

Could there be a toggle on and off for this in game?

I was playing with a few people the other day on X5 zoom out maps and people asked for a toggle. So if you toggle it on and off, it then places the camera at the default max zoom out range for myth 2.

This would really help people instantly snap back to the normal ranges they have been playing myth at for 20 years and have gotten used to eyeballing and calculating. Like the max blast radius edge of a ctrl clicked long rang warlock shot.

It would be a NICE bit of Polish to add!
hmp

Post by hmp »

There is shift + c/v which steps between zoom levels. I don't remember how many steps there are, but the standard max zoom level is one of them.
Renwoodpeaches2018

Post by Renwoodpeaches2018 »

Yep I know about this hmp and I told the people I was playing with about it, with the Shift +. But still that is not as useful as a toggle that would instantly take you back to the default max zoom out of myth 2.