Coming Back to Myth

Talk about anything here.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Coming Back to Myth

Post by Nihilist Comedy Hour »

Hey everybody.

So, my dad got TFL when it first came out nearly 20 years ago. I was 9 years old. And, well, I'm sure plenty of you know the story. Played a ton. Followed by Soulblighter. Followed by many hours of WWII play. And eventually I moved on at some point.

But after so much life and other games, still can't help but think about this game from time to time. I came back for a little bit a couple times, so I remember Bungie going down, and I believe more than one additional party bringing servers back. But there weren't many people playing back then, and I naturally sucked at it having not played for years.

In any case, felt like playing again, but a scratch on my disc prevented a full download, or getting past the first few levels. In any case, I found a copy of the Total Codex, or whatever on line, apparently nearly complete in box, so I'm hoping to get that all going when it comes in next week, getting all my updates, and then presumably downloading hundreds of thousands of plugins.

So, just wanted to say hi, and look forward to mining through all the map talk, since I plan on messing around with F&L again with no expectations of success. And hopefully it's fun to play still and maybe I'll be sticking around for a bit.
Point

Re: Coming Back to Myth

Post by Point »

http://tain.totalcodex.net/mythii/demos

the gameplay is the same for the most part though some mods have inventory and other fancy stuff... the graphics are improved with map detail textures and overall performance and limit boosts...

enjoy !!
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Thanks. So do people play on Gate of Storms, or do they play on MariusNet still?
Nihilist Comedy Hour

GoS it is, it appears.
Point

Post by Point »

G.o.S. is the main server people use... a few forum web sites are active (http://www.myrgard.com/ ) and even udogs hotline is still going for people working on projects... hl.udogs.net
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Gotcha, thanks. I was able to get on for a bit, but it appears GoS is down. That's alright, on to other things.