Myth TFL / SB audio files?

Talk about anything here.
zandervix

Myth TFL / SB audio files?

Post by zandervix »

Hello folks!

A long time ago, I had a ton of mp3 (or possibly wav) files of audio from TFL and SB (think: 'Casualty,' 'Sudden Death,' 'Incoming!,' etc...). On a recent search, I am not finding them. I was also digging through the back-end of MBO and haven't come across them. Couldn't find them on Myth Graveyard either.

Anyone have a copy of all these files somewhere, or know where to get them? I would prefer not to go back and capture them all myself, if I don't have to.
Jon God

Re: Myth TFL / SB audio files?

Post by Jon God »

Technically they can all be taken from the data files, but I am not aware of any archive of them. I might not be the best person to ask though.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
zandervix

Post by zandervix »

Hmmm... I remember doing this way back in the day. I am a PC guy, but I had purchased a (blue, I think) iMac specifically to use the Mac Myth Tools. That iMac is long, long gone.

Any instruction on what tools I would need as a Windows user to do this? The last time I used any tools was probably 7 or 8 years ago, when I spent probably 100 hours working on a set of maps that I never ultimately released (or completely finished, If I'm being honest... very, very sad).
zandervix

Post by zandervix »

So, I haven't had time to figure this out for a PC yet, but I did run across this site, which had some of them. Link posted here for anyone interested:

http://lparchive.org/Myth-The-Fallen-Lords/Update%2038/
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Old thread I know, but in my defense I was inactive. As stated you can extract these yourself one by one. Make sure you have Myth2 installed. Then save all the sound tags into your local folder. Different ways to do this. Simplest is to use Oak. Fear is another option.

In Oak, select the "combined" or "foundation" to simply select all tags of the game foundation files. Then go to the sound section, select all the sounds you want. Right click and pick save to local. Now use SoundBlighter found at the Tain to extract the sounds from those tags. Remember sound tags can have a few permutations. Though not the case with audio.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Also, if you're interested in just the journal entries, you can check out this site:
http://www.mythjournals.com/sb/
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Pyro wrote:Now use SoundBlighter found at the Tain to extract the sounds from those tags.
Oak can extract the waveforms directly, no other tool is needed.