Sir Mauriac's Tale lost to the ages?

Talk about anything here.
Count_Grishnackh

Sir Mauriac's Tale lost to the ages?

Post by Count_Grishnackh »

Hey guys,

So to my understanding, with PlayMyth and Mariusnet both being down, Myth TFL no longer has any multiplayer capabilities. The game doesn't seem to have any support for custom maps/plugins outside of multiplayer, or playing solo via multiplayer, so does that mean that a popular map pack like Sir Mauriac's Tale is now completely unplayable?
juliocpaes

Re: Sir Mauriac's Tale lost to the ages?

Post by juliocpaes »

Count_Grishnackh wrote:Hey guys,

So to my understanding, with PlayMyth and Mariusnet both being down, Myth TFL no longer has any multiplayer capabilities. The game doesn't seem to have any support for custom maps/plugins outside of multiplayer, or playing solo via multiplayer, so does that mean that a popular map pack like Sir Mauriac's Tale is now completely unplayable?
I acess it only via multiplayer protocol TCP/IP : cbc.TFL.mauriac.gor
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

As Julio says, you can still play Myth TFL through TCP/IP if you know the IP of the other player hosting. It has been a while, but I thought you could play custom maps in single player. What version of TFL are you running. The last Bungie version was 1.3, but Project Magma's last version was 1.5. You can find the update at the Tain.
Count_Grishnackh

Post by Count_Grishnackh »

I'm using 1.5 at the moment. How would I go about playing it through singleplayer or through TCP/IP?
Anisvara

Post by Anisvara »

You should install Myth II. With the Soulblighter Engine you can also play the TFL Maps when you install the magma plugins. The handling of the units is much better, you will have fullscreen and a better scroll out. And you can play in half and 1/4 speed. Down in my signature is a link to "The Watcher". In the description of the video are the plugins listed, you need. All of them you can get here gratis. Myth II - Soulblighter (and more) I bought online for 5,65 US Dollar. It works without CD.
Regards Olaf
Enjoy Across the Gjol 3 (Dark) Legendary & 1054 Casualties & The Watcher No Casualties
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Count_Grishnackh wrote:I'm using 1.5 at the moment. How would I go about playing it through singleplayer or through TCP/IP?
You can not run it in single player, look here a step by step to access "sir mauriac's" in multiplayer.

https://youtu.be/8mX66uELysE