Should be working again now.
killerking

Re: Myth II 1.8.1 Released!

Post by killerking »

Just stopped by to say: thanks guys!
Mcvideo183

Post by Mcvideo183 »

It only took me months to find this wonderful game I played many years ago. Now I'm here trying to download this game. Anyone have issues playing Myth II on windows 10? Is there any other file needed besides the windows installer for PC?

Thanks in advance.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You'll need the original CD (which you could e.g. buy on ebay) - the 1.8.1 installer will update an original install to 1.8.1.
Vidmaster

Post by Vidmaster »

works like a charm for me thus far, Win 7 64.
Bargwar

Post by Bargwar »

Hey thanks for the hard work!
Is it possible to get a 64 bit linux build next release?
Also is there a way to enforce/over ride the default x11 cursor with the theme cursor?

Cheers!
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Bargwar wrote:Hey thanks for the hard work!
Is it possible to get a 64 bit linux build next release?
See this thread & post for why a 64 bit build won't happen: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... t=0#p57044
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Myrd wrote:I'm happy to announce the release of Myth II 1.8.1, which is now available for download.

Myth II version 1.8.1 is the latest instalment in Project Magma's series of updates to Myth II. This release is an incremental update, bringing new OS compatibility, additional polishing and bugfixing, plus a few great new features.

Below are some of the highlights of the 1.8.1 update:
  • Ability to host games even when firewalled through a new metaserver proxy.
  • Player pings will now be shown in the multiplayer game lobby (toggled by typing “.ping”).
  • Support for Hi-DPI / Retina displays on Mac OS X and Windows.
  • On Mac OS X, an improved full-screen menu experience that doesn't switch resolutions.
... And many, many more.

Info & Download:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2_181/

Full list of changes in 1.8.1:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2 ... _1.8.1.pdf

Special thanks to all those who participated in our public betas, your feedback was essential to catching and correcting a number of severe issues.

Happy Mything!

Howdy folks!

Soooooo...... if I revived MariusNet, are there any client-server compatibility issues that I'd have to solve to allow current clients to connect?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Hey PPE! I haven't been involved with Myth for quite some time, but I wouldn't imagine there'd be any issues. Only one way to find out :)

It'd be great to see mariusnet back.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

I don't think there's anything that would prevent clients from connecting to MariusNet (or even Bungie.net), but there's only one way to find out :)

Obviously if you want to take advantage of some of the new features (films, host proxy/routing, dot commands while ingame, etc) you'll need to make changes on the server side, but happy to fill you in on the details of that stuff and share code/pseudocode if you're interested.

Indeed it would be great to have MariusNet back!
phizzik

Post by phizzik »

Hello everyone! New here! Just wanted to thank everyone involved for their continued support of Myth!

One of my favorite games of all time!

On the night before my birthday - on a whim - decided to see if i could get Myth to run 14 years after the last time i booted it up LOL.

After the game crashed every time i did some searching for help and came across this site. Installed the update and worked immediately. Runs beautifully and could not be any happier!

Cant wait to blast through this series and recall some of my favorite gaming memories!

Again - thank you!!! So freaking pumped!!! -sorry if i laid that on too thick :D