Myth III on Modern OS

Talk about anything here.
Sword Ring

Myth III on Modern OS

Post by Sword Ring »

Hoping someone in the community has an answer to this.

Myth III will not run on a modern OS. Thus, I haven't seen it for quite some time. Seems to me someone was working on a patch that allowed Myth III to run on current systems. A link was posted, but died within a week or two.

Has anyone managed to get Myth III up and running with current stuff? I have an old machine in storage, but that's really inconvenient.

Myth III certainly had serious failings, but also great strengths. Would love to revisit the work again.

Cheers.
DarthRevan555

Re: Myth III on Modern OS

Post by DarthRevan555 »

None that I know of, There was a patch released i forget official or 3rd party but its since been outdated to my knowledge. Would need some old OS or emulator thing to be able to run it and even then it still crashes and whatnot..

Shame, it had its strengths. Last known OS i've been able to play it in without problems was Snow Leopard OSX
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

I was able to run it on Windows 10. I believe what I did was run it as administrator and compatibility mode for XP. Also QT was giving me a lot of trouble so I uninstalled the new version and installed the one on the CD and that fixed the videos. Perhaps that will help you out if you are still looking to play it.
Karex

Post by Karex »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an installer for Myth III but I can not find it, unfortunately I have not got the installation CD to buy it on the internet and they can send it to my country at a reasonable cost. Thanks for your help.