Feature requests

Talk about anything here.
hmp

Feature requests

Post by hmp »

Scripting:

-Add an increase mana fraction parameter to unit control.

-Allow math actions to work with world_distance parameter type.

-Add query number of units parameter to query units action. Alternatively, an action that can count the number of items in any parameter.

-Add parameters to test for stoned, held, and paralyzed units to tuni or geom.

-Action to take two locations or units and output the distance between them.

Other:
-A flag that can be set in a mesh to allow extended zoom during gameplay, even better would be to allow an amount, like 1.5x zoom, 2.0x zoom, etc.

-Allow veterans to be saved in multiplayer even after quitting myth, either to a file locally or on the metaserver

Also stuff that was on the mapmaking features survey that didn't make it into 1.8:
-Artifact changes monster tag permanently
-Allied teams control via scripting
-Multiple teams in coop
Renwood2016

Re: Feature requests

Post by Renwood2016 »

Great suggestions HMP. I have WISHED for the ability to save unit to a "Bank" for years. I talked to Punk about it a couple years ago and he said it would be pretty easy to include. Now that the Metaserver AND the Myth build are BOTH being updated by the same team, implementing saving units and being able to use them on later dates is very possible. I think it would be spiffie if you could save like 7 of each unit type for later use in games with the allow veteran units host option checked and in COOP as well. It would be another great step towards a Persistent Myth World, along with join games in progress. To compliment the possibility of increased max number of players per game and our latest GIGANTIC several square mile area maps like Tharsis.

I know that one thing that would allow for all kinds of spiffieness would be at least ONE new kind of damage type. Ooga always told me we could do a LOT more things with just 1 extra kind of damage for abilities and effects. Maybe it could be called "Special DMG type" or something.
Point

Post by Point »

ya what HMP said...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Scripting:

- The ability to have boolean switches just within the script. Example:

Shared script action 1:

Bool inUse = true;
do script thingy;

Shared end action:

actions all done;
Bool inUse = false;

Bool check is bool false or true? if true do, else do other thing.

Would be useful for scripting multiplayer gametypes on smaller maps where hiding dummy units isn't fun with loathing.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD