Let's Play Myth: TFL

Talk about anything here.
narcogen

Let's Play Myth: TFL

Post by narcogen »

Hi! My brother and I are starting a co-op let's play series of Myth, starting with TFL. I was a big fan of the game back in the day but have not played much in years, and my brother has never played the game, but we're determined to get through it.

The first episode is here:

https://youtu.be/iDz_tAhG_RM
DarthRevan555

Re: Let's Play Myth: TFL

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Please for the love of gawd. Use max graphical settings and use the high res unit set/ textures.

Enough Let's Plays with poor quality.

Show off Myth's advancements in graphics with all the bells and whistles.

It could help lure older Mythers who may be interested in seeing the HD updates and show non-mythers that the game isn't old. I know graphics isn't the most important thing but to pretend it doesn't hold any value is just ignorant.

Good luck on your Let's Play. I'll be watching it. Always enjoy watching live games than watching recordings with free roam cameras.
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

come on ! a little nostalgia never hurt anyone.

the two opinions are correct : of narcogen and also Darth

no pun intended LOL.

Julio :lol:
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Great!

If you wish to play it with a more TFL feel, try the TFL Interface. Changes all the gray Myth II user interface into the brown Myth TFL look.

Maybe mention the demo in the description which is found here:
http://projectmagma.net/what/
narcogen

Post by narcogen »

DarthRevan555 wrote:Please for the love of gawd. Use max graphical settings and use the high res unit set/ textures.

Enough Let's Plays with poor quality.
These ARE the max graphical settings and the HD textures from projectmagma.

I didn't know about the HD units when we started; those get added in level 10.

DarthRevan555 wrote:Show off Myth's advancements in graphics with all the bells and whistles.

It could help lure older Mythers who may be interested in seeing the HD updates and show non-mythers that the game isn't old. I know graphics isn't the most important thing but to pretend it doesn't hold any value is just ignorant.

Good luck on your Let's Play. I'll be watching it. Always enjoy watching live games than watching recordings with free roam cameras.
Thanks! Any chance there'll be a way for us to play Myth 3 in the Myth 2 engine when we get to that point?
Anisvara

Post by Anisvara »

Don´t worry. I saw some of your videos and I like tem. There are HD possibilities but I did not read anything about here in The Tain. I´m glad about the good working Myth 2 Engine and Magma Update 1.8.0 and I do not want any risk. In june I lost al my saved games and films (the syncronisation) by uncensoring my old german version. So we should be careful. And yes, later on I would like to play Myth III on the Soulblighter engine too. So let´s pray to the gods. OK, I forgot "Then we waste our time, the gods aren´t listening"
Enjoy Across the Gjol 3 (Dark) Legendary & 1054 Casualties & The Watcher No Casualties