Hello World!

Talk about anything here.
VelveteenRabbit

Hello World!

Post by VelveteenRabbit »

Howdy! I haven't played a game of Myth in a few years. In fact, I never managed to get Myth II before it was already old. However, back in the day, I played a bit. I founded the Voracious Rabbits and led for a good long while before Star Craft got in the way. Had some great times and I'm glad to see others carried the banner on! Was just wondering if any of the old guard was still around, and thank you for some great memories.

Think my favorite was playing against some folks after The Voracious Rabbits had gained a bit of prestige and getting schooled, which was pretty common. Had a kid tell me, "You're not the real VelveteenRabbit." Thanks!
Monkey

Re: Hello World!

Post by Monkey »

I remember plenty of vr pool party games. I think there were a few more plug-ins for tfl from VR that I can't recall of the top of my head. It was good fun.

Have you been on gateofstorms.net yet?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I probably have heard your name a number of times, but never met you, *tips hat* Nice to see an older returning face. :)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Sword Ring

Post by Sword Ring »

Yes, indeed. Some of the old time great maps: Moonshine, Hot Springs, Green Eggs. Pool Party.

Legends.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Sword Ring wrote:Yes, indeed. Some of the old time great maps: Moonshine, Hot Springs, Green Eggs. Pool Party.

Legends.

Moonshine, Hot Springs, Green Eggs. Pool Party, it are netmaps ?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Sword Ring wrote:Yes, indeed. Some of the old time great maps: Moonshine, Hot Springs, Green Eggs. Pool Party.

Legends.
I feel like I probably detail textured some of these... If you're interested, check out my Detail Texture pack
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Sword Ring

Post by Sword Ring »

I don't think either Moonshine or Hamlets were ever ported to M2. Enjoyed both in the days. Did some searching around, though, and it's as if neither ever existed. Christ. One can see how easily things get lost to time, not just with Myth but with anything, really. Sad.

I remember now a highly-scripted TFL plugin called "Sir Mauriac's Tale" from Crow's Bridge Cartographers. It used the Hamlets mesh. I have to say, that was one hell of solo. I've played a few games of Myth, and I think this was one of the most enjoyable non-Bungie solo scenarios ever, not including the original stuff like Chimera and 7th God, of course. The Hamlets level (called "Shoal" in the Mauriac solo) was particularly entertaining.

Okay, just checked the personal archive. Wow. The Sir Mauriac TFL plugin used the following maps, converted to a fit a solo campaign:

Drown Below
The Vessel
Rocky Mountain Moonshine
The Battle of Stirling
Keep Across the River
Green Eggs and Hamlets
Blunt Force Trauma
Quake aka TFL Rocket Arena (first rocket dorfs?)
Around the Bend
Raisin Barn
Like Blood Through a Sieve
Shadowmines

...plus 14 modified Bungie meshes, for a total of 27 solo levels.

And just when I was thinking it too had disappeared into the dust of ages, look what I found: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/sir-mauriacs-tale

Apparently I'd forgotten that the package included a sidecar of 40 multiplayer maps.

Cheers.
Thalander

Post by Thalander »

Hey! What TFLer could forget you and the other VR guys and playing plenty of VR Pool Party (!). What a great map. I was kind of a nobody on TFL, but I played as Deathblade (blue color and green dragon avatar).