HD Units

Talk about anything here.
Jestrel

HD Units

Post by Jestrel »

I was messing around with The Great Journey HD a little while ago when I noticed that some of the units looked especially crisp and clear. The readme says they were done by Project Magma. Is there any way to get those HD units as a plugin for use in other maps?
DarthRevan555

Re: HD Units

Post by DarthRevan555 »

The units such as Zerks, Thralls, Heron Guards were created (I assumed) by project magma members as they were all first seen by me in Mazzarins Demise 6.

As for an official project magma full conversion for HD, there is no such thing.

However if you would like to see superior Myth 2 graphics I might recommend checking out Gladiators Armageddon v1.1

be on the look out for Souly's "Myth New n Tasty" It does what you are asking for, turns all myth units into new higher res and detailed units.
It should be completed in the near future.

Myth III to Myth II port will also use these units.
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

DarthRevan555 wrote:The units such as Zerks, Thralls, Heron Guards were created (I assumed) by project magma members as they were all first seen by me in Mazzarins Demise 6.
To be a little more specific, the high-res Myth units were made for Frenzy of the Damned by IronDuke. The Thralls and Zerks were new models, and there were around 5-8 others that were just given higher resolution -- the Heron Guard, Shade, Ghol maybe? I can't remember all of them.

They're not available as a tagset, but you can extract them from Frenzy or any other plugin in which they appear (I believe all you need is the collection and object tags for the high-resified units, though you'd need to extract all tags for the Thrall and Berserk). I believe they're available for general consumption, as they've been used many times -- just make sure to credit Iron for them!
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Akhm...khm...
Iron TagSet

----------------------------

Waiting for approval...
This Tagset include Iron Duke's HD units.

Just wait, then Tagset will be approval.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Uh ... Recently the Tain too long to approve pending items.

Therefore, I post a link to the Iron TagSet.

I hope you like it.
Jestrel

Post by Jestrel »

Oh man thanks!! I'll check 'em out :DD