B424 vs B427

Talk about anything here.
Platinum

B424 vs B427

Post by Platinum »

I just recently updated to the B427 patch for Myth 1.8. Is there a list of changes from 424 to 427? I'd like to see what the fuss is all about and if I can test out the differences. Thank you.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: B424 vs B427

Post by Pyro »

There is no fuss. It just has some minor changes that solved a few issues for some players that needed them. If it had something more significant, like a gameplay change, the metaserver would have forced users to upgrade the way it did with the original 1.8.0 build 422. That one had a gameplay bug that was fixed in 424 back in June. A little less than a month after that 427 was released as an optional upgrade with the following changes.
  • Fixed a problem with the Linux build 424 which was mis-compiled.
  • Mostly fixed the puss pickup bug (1.7.2 bug).
  • Remove the requirement of having four players to start a game in a ranked room.
  • Fixed Mac OS X Universal build's handling of cutscenes when in fullscreen mode (Build 414 bug).
  • Fixed Mac OS X Universal issue where the game view may be drawn incorrectly at an offset when playing in windowed mode.
  • Fixed Mac OS X Universal issue where a windowed mode resolution would not be remembered between launches.
  • (Windows) Properly handle unknown key codes (such as 0xff) in WM_KEYDOWN, instead of interpreting them as the escape key or segfaulting.
  • (Windows, 427b) Fixed a bug in the timer code which caused excess CPU utilization leading to lagginess and input loss. This bug would appear every once every ~1.65 days of Myth uptime, and last for around half an hour depending on the CPU speed. (Original Bungie code bug).
  • Unified the definition of "underwater" between the selection, deselection and rendering code, so you can see underwater monsters if and only if you can select them.
  • Fix array overflow if game types string list contains more entries than Myth has game types.
  • Include "Custom" scoring in metaserver stats dialog.
  • Fixed default preference issue (blood lock on) introduced in Build 423.
  • Fixed a bug where the coop checkbox could get out of sync with the UI when clicking it very quickly while holding down another key which causes events.
A list was not given at the time because as you can see most of these are so minor you won't even notice they existed.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

So question... a few years ago... not sure which patch was active then, maybe 1.7? But you used to be able to find certain spots in maps like Trow or Hvergilmir, where you could completely submerge a trow under water. Or even sink a dwarf in Acts of Cruelty (I think this one still works though), but was there a fix somewhere along the lines that would have made it impossible to sink a trow?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Platinum wrote:So question... a few years ago... not sure which patch was active then, maybe 1.7? But you used to be able to find certain spots in maps like Trow or Hvergilmir, where you could completely submerge a trow under water. Or even sink a dwarf in Acts of Cruelty (I think this one still works though), but was there a fix somewhere along the lines that would have made it impossible to sink a trow?
I am probably talking out of my butt here, but as far as I know that's not a Myth bug, but a error on the part of whoever made the map, and what terrain they marked walkable by trow.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD