Multiplayer cooperative timeout?

Talk about anything here.
adaza

Multiplayer cooperative timeout?

Post by adaza »

When I am playing Gonen's Bridge (a long level) cooperatively with my daughter, it times out after some minutes.

Does anyone know how I can increase the timeout? It doesn't seem to be in the game hosting options?

Anyone have an idea where to look?

Thanks All,
Been playing since Myth I came out, since before my daughter was born, the daughter with whom I now play.
juliocpaes

Re: Multiplayer cooperative timeout?

Post by juliocpaes »

adaza wrote:When I am playing Gonen's Bridge (a long level) cooperatively with my daughter, it times out after some minutes.

Does anyone know how I can increase the timeout? It doesn't seem to be in the game hosting options?

Anyone have an idea where to look?

Thanks All,
Adaza,

go Multiplayer - "Options" look - on the "game options" look "player limit" (time limit) .... adjusts the time that you want.

help you ? :)
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Are you playing it TCP/IP or via a metaserver? What speed of internet do you have, is it wired or wireless? What version of Myth are you using, and what kind of computer do you have/what system is it running?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Just to be clear, when you say time out do you mean you get disconnected? As Jon God asked, which method are you using to play, the metaserver or through the "Other" option for TCP/IP games? If you are using TCP/IP as the option is one of the two computers using wifi to do it? If so it could be a wifi issue with the router.
adaza

Post by adaza »

Thanks all.

I think I figured it out. You have to change the time before you click cooperative. For some reason the time becomes uneditable when you click cooperative.

We are playing tcp/ip, just over wifi in the house. 1.8.0 is the version we are using.

Thanks again.
Been playing since Myth I came out, since before my daughter was born, the daughter with whom I now play.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That does not make any sense. When you play coop, the time can not be changed because coop does not use a timer like multiplayer games (free for all and team vs team games).

Make sure both of you are on the latest version of Myth2. The top left corner of the main menu will tell you. Right now 1.8.0 is the latest.

If by time out you meant the game ended too soon, then you lost one of your mission objectives like an important unit.