map of the world myth (an alternative).

Talk about anything here.
juliocpaes

map of the world myth (an alternative).

Post by juliocpaes »

This map is adapted to the world of myth.
My idea is an alternative environment, where the forces of darkness won the forces of light, and now "The Province" is dominated by the Fallen Lords.
The mission of the remaining forces of light is form "the resistance" against the fallen lords, and regain control of the province, or die trying.
I think make a campaign, where the forces light, attack making ambushes to weaken the enemy forces.
what do you say? a opinion ...
Julio

paladin MAIK

Re: map of the world myth (an alternative).

Post by paladin MAIK »

Very interesting map.

If you are going to do a campaign, you need a script, ie that from what you will be repelled.

True, I first choose the multiplayer maps, which I liked. Then I just come up with some kind of reference for the player in this map. Well, after all those long days of "torture" and scripting (most of it is just "lazy" days), I sit down and start writing the script.

On the map provided by the six cities. . . already have a reason to think. Well, for example, the Covenant. in Myth TFL is level with a broken wall (remember? there where it was necessary to carry out Total Codex using Journeyman).

So, you have written "resistance." You can make a nightly rate, which is necessary to penetrate the wall, destroy the protection, etc.

On the map there are mountains, forests. . . use them as an ambush against the forces of darkness (for example, the release of prisoners warriors)

Make an offer.

You know, that can always count on my help. :mrgreen:

Come on!
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Maik and all,

the map was copied from the internet. I found similar to the original Myth map because of the mountains and the four existing rivers, so I thought in a world more rustic and ruined.
Balor is the king, and Soulblighter, Shiver, The Deceiver and The Watcher are the Lords of each city state, where the rivers are a territorial boundary between the fallen lords.
Main goals:
- Kill all the fallen lords. But before:
* destroy the mirror Tramist; (owner is the Shiver)
* Retrieve the total codex book; (Owner is Deceiver)
* Steal Eblis Stone;(owner is Balor)
* Steal the artifact "tain" and release from prison "the nine" within tain. (owner is Soulblighter)
and other situations that may arise. always attacking sneak all the armies of the dead.

Julio
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

continuing...

more details imagined for the storyline :

-The Mayor of Otter Ferry, now a baron as reward for betraying the forces of light, Balor gave him a fiefdom. He dominates his vassals with an iron hand in revenge, the resistance should kill him.

Maik,
will be needed a good text as "prologue" campaign, and then a "text pregame" at each of the levels.

Julio
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

juliocpaes wrote: will be needed a good text as "prologue" campaign, and then a "text pregame" at each of the levels.
In this I am not strong.

I can suggest two options:

(1) As first proposed the idea. In each level the player campaign will grab one city (the city, which are shown on the map). The player may release the prisoners, who will participate in the following levels. Etc.

(2) As for the second proposed idea (one that about Baron).

! Find city. (or build it)

! Create beside him surrounding villages.

! Divide this all levels with individual tasks. (You can set the boundaries of these areas, so that the player could not withdraw its troops to not have to)

! Well, after a siege -> storming the castle and the entrance to the room, the Baron (for example).
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

if you are going to do this, make it have a bit of sense like hiding out in forest heart with the forest giants, even in some hidden dwarven caves.

If anything even a two layered campaign where you play as dark units like soulblighter/deciever and try and wage internal war with balor or SB depending on which eternal darkness you are considering winning over the light.

Secondly I disagree with Maik, build your own city or something that resembles a village like Gower for example, I doubt you would try rebuilding cities long overturned, sacked and smoldering in ruins as they would never get the time to rebuild walls/fortifications in known mapped area's. If anything have these ruins play a part of the campaign just like they did in M1/M2 like the great library of covenant.

Finally there is the whole issue with the Trow, if the war is finished the Trow might not even be involved in the resistance, or even under siege by the deceptive Balor/SB as all powerhungry lords involved. Not to mention the promise of Fetches by the fallen lords to get out of the human skins back to their own plane of existence Food for thaught.
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

kingthrall wrote:if you are going to do this, make it have a bit of sense like hiding out in forest heart with the forest giants, even in some hidden dwarven caves.

If anything even a two layered campaign where you play as dark units like soulblighter/deciever and try and wage internal war with balor or SB depending on which Age of eternal darkness you are considering winning over the light. Remember if the dark win, the only real way for the light to stand a chance is if there is serious internal conflict.

Secondly I disagree with Maik, build your own city or something that resembles a village like Gower for example, I doubt you would try rebuilding cities long overturned, sacked and smoldering in ruins as they would never get the time to rebuild walls/fortifications in known mapped area's. Like Murthemne/Madrigal ect
If anything have these ruins play a part of the campaign just like they did in M1/M2 like the great library of covenant.

Finally there is the whole issue with the Trow, if the war is finished the Trow might not even be involved in the resistance, or even under siege by the deceptive Balor/SB as all power-hungry lords involved. Not to mention the promise of Fetches by the fallen lords to get out of the human skins back to their own plane of existence Food for thaught.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

this alternate world, the villagers are not in prison, all are slaves of decadent lords in their own land, and forced to worship their cursed gods , for example,
The cult of the Sacred Head Ghoul and other blood sacrifices.
The resistance must have a secret hideout, to attack and hide, because the mode operandi is guerrilla warfare.
the mission is to steal the special artifacts, and kill one by one decadent lords, and arregimentar villagers to form again ancient group called " the legion".
after last decadent lord die, the clans of ghouls and mirkridias must be annihilated. Wow! Look at that! how do this all plugins and levels with playability ? :o
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Started working on anything ?
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

paladin MAIK wrote:Started working on anything ?
Maik,

Well not yet. I deciding which color map to use (a existing?) or create one.?
the first map, need to have a good initial story and playability ie split the general history in parts for apply in each map.
which the first movement of the resistance ... kill shiver and destroy the mirror tramist? so the fallen lords no more resurrect thralls and ghasts!
About the mirror tramist, I need to create a destructible scenery to make the scene of the mirror being destroyed.
because we not have this tramist the tag collection. :|