[Upcoming] Phantom Hounds: Haunted Heart

Talk about anything here.
A-Red

[Upcoming] Phantom Hounds: Haunted Heart

Post by A-Red »

"The Captain emerged from the Avatara’s tent half an hour ago, with new orders. He could say little about them, save for our destination. We are being sent to a place that none of us has ever seen, but which lives in each of our hearts as though it were home. We are going to the haunted heart of the lands held by the Dark.

We are going to Muirthemne."

Phantom Hounds: Haunted Heart is the second installment in the Phantom Hounds series, which follows an elite special-ops team serving in Maeldun’s legion during The Great War. In Haunted Heart, the Phantom Hounds have been sent on a mission to Muirthemne, the ruined capital of the dead Cath Bruig Empire. At the center of a once thriving land now covered by sun-bleached and wind-tossed sand, they uncover dark secrets and follow the trail to an even deadlier threat than they had imagined. Battle Balor's armies across the desert, through the ruins of the city, in the gloomy catacombs beneath Muirthemne, and into the Untamed Lands in six solo/coop levels. Experience the Great War from a new perspective.

Screenshots:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Coming soon...
vinylrake

Re: [Upcoming] Phantom Hounds: Haunted Heart

Post by vinylrake »

dang. can't find the LIKE button...
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

I saw three familiar map of the screenshots: :?
1. Name I do not remember, but the map there is a fortress in the south-west of the map.
2. Name can not rememberbut the map from a group of Vista Cartel.
3. Similar to Muirtemn, but steps lead me to doubt ... something new.
4. Fourth, I also saw somewhere, but I could be wrong ... silent.
5. Complete stranger.
6. Last screenshot is very much like The Untamed Lands.

But it's still cool! Is a new plugin, which will be interesting to play. :mrgreen:
Last edited by paladin MAIK on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Like the first campaign, it uses many existing multiplayer maps. The names you're looking for are Alzruic Epoch (level 1), Shuffle (level 2), Under Muirthemne (level 4), and The Gauntlet (level 5). The one that looks like Muirthemne is completely new by Graydon, and the last level is modified by Graydon from an old unused map he got from Soma. All this will be in the readme as well, of course.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Looks really sweet but... DEAR LORD USE OPENGL/DIRECTX and not Software ;) It is 2014! :)
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Haha, yeah, sorry :facepalm: We've even got some dtex work on Gray's map, too. I've just never been one of those gamers who cares about graphics (unless it's good pixel art). Myth has always looked fine to me, and my computer's fairly low-powered, so I mostly just run in software except when I go to check out new detail textures.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That is just crazy talk. I'm sure for most Mythers, they continue to play Myth because of the gameplay rather than graphics, but given the chance why would anyone settle for software rendering when there is obviously a better looking option even with no detail textures? Your screen can't be that small not to notice the difference.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Yeah no one plays Myth for the graphics ;) If you don't notice, all the power to you, but it's worth noting that on most machines the hardware accelerated modes (GL/DX) are actually faster/less stressful on the system compared to Software as well. And even if you don't use dtex or anything, it's a big improvement just to get bilinear filtering and wipe out all those ugly pixels. This was the big reason Bungie implemented any hardware acceleration in the first place incidentally.

In any case, definitely looking forward to trying it out. We should get the old coop group back together to play it when it's released :)
Horus

Post by Horus »

Nice more Phantom Hounds. :D
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

Bloat is perhaps my 5th most favorite plugin made dude, I wasnt a fan of the first level because those Michelin men were kind of ridiculous to kill and you had a hard time moving around but was still a good map to play every now and then.

I would love to host my coop night with a phantom hounds tribute when this is closer to finishing, playing the first levels and then the next week your newer ones.

Anyway look forward to the final product!!

Clan DEER 4 Life