Re: the desolation of Myth

Post by juliocpaes »

Gmork wrote:Try the lobby.
it was a robot that answered me !?! :o
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

A robot would not mention the metaserver lobby.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The thought didn't even occur to me that gmork is anything but human, but your logic is flawed because the 'metaserver' wasn't actually mentioned.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

I think it's a robot, but "out of calibration". :lol:
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

vinylrake wrote:... your logic is flawed because the 'metaserver' wasn't actually mentioned.
What other lobby could someone be referring to in a Myth forum? That user is clearly referring to the lobby due to lack of games which is related to the "desolation" in Myth.
juliocpaes wrote:I think it's a robot, but "out of calibration". :lol:
So players should not reply to your post unless you know them? If you don't know them, they must be robots? If that is the case this thread is going to be more desolated than Myth. You wanted pictures that represent the desolation of Myth, the lobby showing few players and few games is an example of desolation like you wanted.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:
vinylrake wrote:... your logic is flawed because the 'metaserver' wasn't actually mentioned.
What other lobby could someone be referring to in a Myth forum? That user is clearly referring to the lobby due to lack of games which is related to the "desolation" in Myth.
Not arguing whether the author *meant* the metaserver lobby or not - that seems the most likely, just pointing out that the author didn't use the word 'metaserver' (which you were using as evidence s/he wasn't a robot) so there's nothing in the post that actually indicates the author was talking about the metaserver, or knows about myth, or even knew what this forum is - or as julio thought is actually some kind of automated replybot. You are using your knowledge of and context of the forum and assuming the commenter shares your knowledge of the forum, of Myth and of the metaserver and are extrapolating the author's intent based on your assumptions - but without knowing the author or the author's familiarity with Myth you are just guessing. (a reasonable guess, i don't think you are going far out on a limb, but it's still just a guess)

Again not arguing whether the author is a bot or whether the author is a human myth player, just pointing out that the response was vague enough and so lacking in any Myth-specifics that it can't be used on it's own to prove either POV.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Fair enough. I just went with the simplest possibility given the topic and few words that user posted. Bots have a tendency to post things that don't fit at all or don't fit well with the topic even when there is room for interpretation. This didn't seem like a bot case to me, however vague the post may have been.

I was also making a guess that Julio doesn't know what a lobby in Myth is since he does not play online. Which is why he would think that reply was from a bot and not at all from a human.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:Fair enough. I just went with the simplest possibility given the topic and few words that user posted. Bots have a tendency to post things that don't fit at all or don't fit well with the topic even when there is room for interpretation. This didn't seem like a bot case to me, however vague the post may have been.

I was also making a guess that Julio doesn't know what a lobby in Myth is since he does not play online. Which is why he would think that reply was from a bot and not at all from a human.
Piro,

Yeah ! initial I doesn't know what a lobby in Myth ...

there have been other cases of spam robots that have left us dumbfounded.
Re: Plugin - Valley of Despair
Mensagempor asharca » 27 Set 2012 04:27

Your Valley of Despair is awesome. Change management professionals often prepare organizations for the ‘valley of despair’ that usually follows the initial excitement that bubbles up when a change is announced. Anticipation and relief from the status quo typically give way to feelings of fear, threats, guilt and depression before acceptance and progress.
asharca

Mensagempor vinylrake » 27 Set 2012 12:35

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mensagempor Melekor » 28 Set 2012 22:09

asharca sounds like a context sensitive spambot to me. The bots are getting smarter, a new strategy is to make a normal(ish) looking post, then add the spam links into their signature some weeks later when no one is watching.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, but usually bots are easy to spot. That was all I was trying to say.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

ImageNote :

I meant "the desolation of Myth" in moment, because there are few peoples writing in the forum Tain, "almost" like in Myth Brazil not appear anyone. and I wanted to express this feeling or "desolation" in the picture. It's clear for me : Myth and the forums are not Myth. Myth is the game. The lobby is the place me wait for games to start online. perhaps, was is the suggestion of Bot Android or a human. but nice try, it gave an way to a good discussion. :lol:
Julio
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Yea Piro!
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GodzFire wrote:Yea Piro!
Godzfiiiire,

when I called Pyro as Piro (Portuguese-Brazilian) because I consider Pyro a friend, but you're the boring ever. :lol:

Big Julio
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

juliocpaes wrote:
GodzFire wrote:Yea Piro!
Godzfiiiire,

when I called Pyro as Piro (Portuguese-Brazilian) because I consider Pyro a friend, but you're the boring ever. :lol:

Big Julio

It's not very often I regret not having a LIKE button on these forums. This is one of them.