Does Mariusnet know how effed their site is?

Talk about anything here.
jason_ac

Does Mariusnet know how effed their site is?

Post by jason_ac »

You can't even register for their forums (no confirmation email ever comes), nor email Admins@mariusnet.com (bounces as unreachable). Though it seems if you're already registered, you can still post.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
vinylrake

Re: Does Mariusnet know how effed their site is?

Post by vinylrake »

Mariusnet had some hardware issues (movers dropped a HD array or the computer itself when it was being moved to a new server hosting site) and ppe (site owner) said he was working to get things restored and working again, but that was back in the summer, I don't think there have been any status updates since then - at least I haven't seen any.

While having Punk's Gate Of Storms server ready to roll when mnet went down was a great thing for the community to have, my guess would be that the existence of another functioning myth gameserver pretty much eliminates any perceived *need* to get mnet back up. Just guessing at motivation or lack thereof, but even when it was the only server in existence it often seemed like it was mostly running on autopilot - other than fixing things when something went down.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:Mariusnet had some hardware issues (movers dropped a HD array or the computer itself when it was being moved to a new server hosting site) and ppe (site owner) said he was working to get things restored and working again, but that was back in the summer, I don't think there have been any status updates since then - at least I haven't seen any.

While having Punk's Gate Of Storms server ready to roll when mnet went down was a great thing for the community to have, my guess would be that the existence of another functioning myth gameserver pretty much eliminates any perceived *need* to get mnet back up. Just guessing at motivation or lack thereof, but even when it was the only server in existence it often seemed like it was mostly running on autopilot - other than fixing things when something went down.
It's sad because you can't play Thon anymore online, that and if you wanted to play Myth 1 and 3.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Jon God wrote:if you wanted to play Myth 1 and 3.
Well at least you have the TFL map pack and "TFL Gameplay" mode in MII. Not good enough?
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

jason_ac wrote:
Jon God wrote:if you wanted to play Myth 1 and 3.
Well at least you have the TFL map pack and "TFL Gameplay" mode in MII. Not good enough?
Oh, of course, it was just a nice extra thing.

I feel sorry for the Thon community, at this point, I wonder if it's dead. :(
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Jon God wrote:I feel sorry for the Thon community, at this point, I wonder if it's dead. :(
Didn't one of the Mnet mods on the marathon side setup a temp server for them? At least I remember reading a post about in months back.