Why are multiplayer mapsets listed in random order?

Talk about anything here.
jason_ac

Why are multiplayer mapsets listed in random order?

Post by jason_ac »

When I'm setting-up a host, the Mapsets in the interface appear to be in a completely random order. Why? I could see having MII and TFL be at the top of the list...& maybe the 3 finished extra Bungie maps...but why aren't all the rest in alphabetical order? It's hard to find stuff when they're in no discernible order at all.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
GodzFire

Re: Why are multiplayer mapsets listed in random order?

Post by GodzFire »

Hahahha ahh it's like karma how right I am.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GodzFire wrote:Hahahha ahh it's like karma how right I am.
:facepalm:

make upload of material godz in frontal tain ...as item in "submite a file". :lol:
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

English Julio.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

You can click on the word mapset to toggle between alphabetical and size ordering.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Melekor wrote:You can click on the word mapset to toggle between alphabetical and size ordering.
LOL, the default is size ordering?!? How many new people will that confuse (besides me)? :P What is the value of size ordering to anyone? Do hosts memorize how many MB all their plugins are for some reason and so can actually find them that way?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

It could be useful if you want to find a small sized map so someone with a slow internet connection can download the map so you can play right away.

Other that than I can't imagine plugin size is very useful or why it would be the default.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

It's not default, you probably clicked it by accident. Also size in this case is measured by the number of maps. It's useful to bring the big campaigns to the top.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Melekor wrote:It's not default, you probably clicked it by accident.
I must have. Perhaps in v1.9 put something in the interface that shows the current sort order, to prevent confusion? Fewer dumb questions from people like me that didn't read the entire docs :P
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

jason_ac wrote:
Melekor wrote:You can click on the word mapset to toggle between alphabetical and size ordering.
LOL, the default is size ordering?!? How many new people will that confuse (besides me)? :P What is the value of size ordering to anyone? Do hosts memorize how many MB all their plugins are for some reason and so can actually find them that way?
You think that's bad? Originally they DID have it so the # of maps per plug was the default sort, and it only took no less than a small miracle and basically everyone telling them they don't WANT it that way to make them change it.

But hey....it's for the players, right?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

GodzFire wrote:
jason_ac wrote:
You think that's bad? Originally they DID have it so the # of maps per plug was the default sort, and it only took no less than a small miracle and basically everyone telling them they don't WANT it that way to make them change it.

Welcome to the person who helped drive the community apart by pushing other people to fight his battles for him, and then taking off instead of taking responsibility, and then was sour about the whole thing, making sure to tell everyone that the community was dead; because he didn't get his way.

But hey, anything to save myth!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

GodzFire wrote:You think that's bad? Originally they DID have it so the # of maps per plug was the default sort, and it only took no less than a small miracle and basically everyone telling them they don't WANT it that way to make them change it.

You sure talk a lot for a guy who's "resting in peace". Maybe you should update your tombstone for the new year.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GodzFire wrote:English Julio.
you understand me. :lol:

my english, isn't as good a native-English speaker.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Jon God wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
jason_ac wrote:

Welcome to the person who helped drive the community apart by pushing other people to fight his battles for him, and then taking off instead of taking responsibility, and then was sour about the whole thing, making sure to tell everyone that the community was dead; because he didn't get his way.
JG it would be appreciated if you could tell me who I pushed and which battles. I have a great deal of respect for you so I'm asking this in a sincere connotation.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't really matter either way anymore to rehash it. The damage was done when it happened.
Point

Post by Point »

the fact that your new has nothing to do with the issue... happens often to even the oldest player ... people say I can't find something and have to spend minutes trying to explain how to toggle the preference back to alphabetical.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.