back to Myth

Talk about anything here.
Zumbi dos Palmares

back to Myth

Post by Zumbi dos Palmares »

Hi Everyone,
Happy to see Myth still alive, i found a Myth2.exe in a old HD, suddenly really want to play it, and remember those times I still had hair on the head and no big beer belly. The Myth file says WIN32, So any tips about installing it in the Macbook 64 bit?
Besides, a curiosity: is there already a nice map with a Chess Game theme? something like 16 units against 16 units, 8 weak units as pawns each side, etc...?
Cheers!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<< I Iove Fetchs, nothing is more beautiful then a Troll kicking a Fetch>>
jason_ac

Re: back to Myth

Post by jason_ac »

So you've got the Win .exe, but no Windows machine, and no Myth CD?
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Zumbi dos Palmares

No CD. Is that a problem to play online? I know I could play offline before with this .exe. I was thinking I could avoid installing Bootcamp Windows in my mac, but im doing it now, lets see if the Myth.exe will work.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Zumbi dos Palmares wrote:No CD. Is that a problem to play online? I know I could play offline before with this .exe. I was thinking I could avoid installing Bootcamp Windows in my mac, but im doing it now, lets see if the Myth.exe will work.
When MII is updated to a recent version (http://www.projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2_180/), no CD is required.

Does your old HD have the Myth "tags" folder in it? (that's all the models/art/sound/etc). That's a critical piece that's needed under both Win & Mac. If you did a full install from CD long ago, the tags folder will be hundreds of MB, and it means you have nearly everything you need to run under either Win or Mac.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Zumbi dos Palmares

Thanks for the help! unfortunately, it doens't cranck up. I may have to buy a CD on ebay then, i guess. but I will be back :evil:
Cheers
edit: spelling
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Do you have the tags files that jason mentioned? If you do, you should be able to "patch" the game to 1.8 on either Mac or Windows and get a working installation. You absolutely will need to patch to the latest version to run it on a modern OS, so don't despair if 1.3 isn't working :)
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Zumbi dos Palmares wrote:No CD. Is that a problem to play online? I know I could play offline before with this .exe. I was thinking I could avoid installing Bootcamp Windows in my mac, but im doing it now, lets see if the Myth.exe will work.
Zumbi (zombie),

você é brasileiro ok ?! eu percebi porque você escreveu "no cd" eh eh eh :D

O myth Brasil está online.

fale suas dúvidas para mim também em portuguese.

Julio
Zumbi dos Palmares

I'm already back :), it's installed , even played a "If I had a trow" on GatesofStorm, haha, great fun! Thanks again!

Eae Julio, beleza? Sou brasileiro , ate tinha mandado uma mp pra voce ontem, nao sei se chegou a ver. Dizer "no cd" esta correto em ingles, hehe, mas e mais faci perceber pelo meu nome de usuario , Palmares foi uma aldeia de fugitivos escravos no meio do mato no Brasil que resistiu 100 anos aos ataques do governo portugues, venceu muitas batalhas, mesmo so tendo armamento "caseiro" mas no final mandaram um batalhao gigante e bem armado e... Nao consigo acessar o Mythbr.com ,esta bloqueado na China, deve ser a plataforma usada pelo forum que e bloqueada, tem varias plataformas bloqueadas, blogspot, wordpress e tal. Mas quando conseguir botar a SSH pra funcionar vou aparecer la. Valeu!
killerking

Post by killerking »

Elijah made myth chess, you can find it at the tain (just klick 'the tain' at the top of this page and search for it).