Free Myth video recording on Mac

Talk about anything here.
jason_ac

Free Myth video recording on Mac

Post by jason_ac »

I didn't notice this when searching the forum, but I've found you can make free Myth videos using Mac OS X.

Just use QuickTime, New Screen Recording, and be sure to run Myth in a window. Use your system's microphone for audio input, adjust your speaker volume appropriately, and you get Myth videos, with sound, and you can talk over them to offer commentary too, if you want.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
erileykc

Re: Free Myth video recording on Mac

Post by erileykc »

Great suggestion. Thanks
So this works from the Quicktime player app as it turns out. I was looking all over for a Quicktime app not thinking the player was also a recorder. Works great for capturing the video but it doesn't capture sound from the internal audio but only from the selected input. I expect I can loop the headphone output into the line in but is there a way to capture the internal audio directly?

Yankee
Yankee
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

erileykc wrote:is there a way to capture the internal audio directly?
My Mac has a microphone, so I tell QuickTime to take the audio from that. It then picks up the Myth sound coming out of my speakers, plus anything I might want to say.

If you don't have a mic, either buy 1, or a webcam (I assume that'll work as a mic), or figure-out a way to loop the audio.

Or buy a tiny digital hand-held USB memo recorder, record the sound separately, then lay the track in afterwards.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

Wasn't looking to narrate the film but rather record the direct game audio onto the vid so I could post to youtube and perhaps attract some more Myth CWR players from the larger universe of war gamers. Was able to record game sounds via Soundflower utility so I can start some Youtube posting. See how that goes. A 20 minute CWR game results in a 216 MB .mov file.
Yankee
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

at least if it's being streamed on YouTube the watcher can choose the resolution.