New Year, new Unit Models thread

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

New Year, new Unit Models thread

Post by William Wallet »

Come on chaps, who do I have to blow to make this happen? Even after all of the discussions I've had, I'm still a bit in the dark as to why these things are so closely guarded - even assuming there's some sort of NDA on them or something, in all seriousness they haven't really mattered to anyone in a commercial sense since 1998. I'm going to literally be going grey by the time I get to mess around with them at this rate, so let's get the conversation started again. I guess above all else, I feel like a bum - aside from a bit of shit vocal talent for A-Red and GHOST at one time or another, I've really never had much to offer this community. It might be the white russian talking but it's a brand new year and seems like a great time to share some unit model magic. It can't be any worse than letting Ren muck around with them, right?

I'll sign an NDA if you like and if that's no good, just tell Bungie that I stole your laptop or something? Come on, I love you guys.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
juliocpaes

Re: New Year, new Unit Models thread

Post by juliocpaes »

Sir William,

FREEDOM 3 ! :D

Jon God

Post by Jon God »

William Wallet wrote:Come on chaps, who do I have to blow to make this happen? Even after all of the discussions I've had, I'm still a bit in the dark as to why these things are so closely guarded - even assuming there's some sort of NDA on them or something, in all seriousness they haven't really mattered to anyone in a commercial sense since 1998. I'm going to literally be going grey by the time I get to mess around with them at this rate, so let's get the conversation started again. I guess above all else, I feel like a bum - aside from a bit of shit vocal talent for A-Red and GHOST at one time or another, I've really never had much to offer this community. It might be the white russian talking but it's a brand new year and seems like a great time to share some unit model magic. It can't be any worse than letting Ren muck around with them, right?

I'll sign an NDA if you like and if that's no good, just tell Bungie that I stole your laptop or something? Come on, I love you guys.
I'd say hop on udogs at some point, I can at least tell you about them.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Dude what are you looking for? The M1/M2 models out there are the same old ones that everyone's had for years: the collection that contains most, but missing key units like the Fir'Bolg, Forest Giant, and Soulblighter.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

You could always ask Renwood to share his high res units, he seems to be big fan of reusing content so I am sure he would be willing to share.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"I'd say hop on udogs at some point, I can at least tell you about them."

I've had that conversation with someone from Magma before but I probably talked myself out of it by not really having a clear purpose with the things - which hasn't really changed as such.

"Dude what are you looking for? The M1/M2 models out there are the same old ones that everyone's had for years"

Not everyone!

"You could always ask Renwood to share his high res units, he seems to be big fan of reusing content so I am sure he would be willing to share"

I wouldn't ask, I'd just do it. Anything to get berated by a guy who dressed up as Rene Belloq for his Kickstarter pitch video.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Fine I'll give them to you, it's not even a big deal anymore. PM me your email.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Pee Emming now, but if I get any nude Photoshops of Commander Kruge from Star Trek I'll be disappointed(ly amused).
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Just don't use it as an excuse to disappear on us. :)

Speaking of which, if you need your help around the models, let me know. Also, if you feel like helping with a project involving them, let me know. :D
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Oh that thing in my signature was just to try and ease the process along, I doubt I'm going anywhere haha.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

William Wallet wrote:Oh that thing in my signature was just to try and ease the process along, I doubt I'm going anywhere haha.
You should at least go to udogs. :P
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

There's a thought! At the moment I'm cursing the size limits on file sharing sites.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:There's a thought! At the moment I'm cursing the size limits on file sharing sites.

Try dropbox or box.net - they give you 5GB for free and you can share files or folders with anyone and just post the link or password protect specific files.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

See that Godz?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Yea I know of them, however I need to check for bandwidth limits.