Feature request: sound alert

Talk about anything here.
Obelix

Feature request: sound alert

Post by Obelix »

I do not know where to really address this issue, but it has been bugging me for a long time. I would like to request a feature for the chat rooms to alert a user he is being messaged even when the Myth II game window is hidden by windows of other applications.

I often log into Myth and patiently wait for players to appear, but this can get boring really fast, so I pass the time doing other useful stuff on the computer. Quickly the Myth window gets hidden by my browser, email, spreadsheet, and other windows until I almost forget that I have the game running in the background. Someone will message me, but since the game window is covered, I obviously do not see it.

Would there be a way to force a user to turn his attention to the Myth window when messages arrive? I think a brief sound alert would do, or maybe a notification? (I use Mac OSX 10.9, which has a nice implementation of alerts)

Any way to contact the developers at Project Magma so they can implement such an alert? It doesn't seem that it would require a lot of work.
capital

Re: Feature request: sound alert

Post by capital »

MythChat has this feature.
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

capital wrote:MythChat has this feature.
i'm not sure if this will work with GateOfStorms or other future servers. It would be easier to keep it within the Myth application for ease of use for most players.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

I'd really like this too.

It would be enough if there was an option that Myth makes a sound every time anyone posts a chat message in the room lobby or game lobby.

Or to be fancy, give us options...alert in room lobby, alert in game lobby, or alert only on private messages.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Obelix wrote:Any way to contact the developers at Project Magma so they can implement such an alert? It doesn't seem that it would require a lot of work.
Posting your feature request on these forums is the best way to contact the developers. So mission accomplished. If you don't get a response in a week or two you could send a private message to one or two of them to see if they saw your request.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Ideally too you can change the sound setting while you're sitting in the room or game lobby. So when you're present & participating and many are posting, you can turn off sound. Then when you're off doing other stuff you can turn it on to know when people are talking or if someone is PMing you.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides