letter to "Take 2 Interactive"

Talk about anything here.
paladin MAIK

letter to "Take 2 Interactive"

Post by paladin MAIK »

I do not know maybe it's a stupid idea, but ...

We know that Take 2 Interactive has the rights of Myth II Soulblighter ...

The site Take 2 can be contacted by writing them a letter (on their website it). Get to the point ... I propose to write a letter (yes, anyone can do it), and to offer them:

- Set the game in a certain community "Steam", sell game say ... $ 5.99 (price still they will stand).

- And we (our community) will come to life again.

Of course they might consider us "sick" (and let them think). He also will love the extra money does not interfere ...
Last edited by paladin MAIK on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graydon

Re: letter to "Take 2 Interactive"

Post by Graydon »

Magma has tried contacting T2 a number of times over the years. They have zero interest in doing anything with it themselves (little work as it may be to get it up on a place like steam, they simply don't care enough to bother). They would be interested in selling the rights, but last anyone in this community heard, it was going to cost at least 6 figures..... now by my simple math, even at the lowest possible denomination of 6 figures, 100,000 is a lot of money for a 15 year old game. Especially when it's volunteers and hobbyists looking to buy it. Sadly, nothing will happen as long as T2 holds the rights.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

is true, the business (T2) working for profit, and they not would lose the opportunity to earn more money, Rather than assign the rights for us volunteers ,hobbyists and fan.

:(
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

take 2 are a bunch of corporate morons. They have a few games finally that are popular like GTA 4 + Bioshock, but they never actually peruse anything that doesn't have either a long history of profit or a slaving developer team backing them .

You can add my name to your support if you want and probably all the community as well. woudnt object either, if you really want to make some waves start asking people for a petition instead of using "the community" as they have no clue what the myth community is. Its all a numbers game for take 2, which is why they only want a 6 figure sum.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I think the only way to get these lazy jerks out of their hole in the ground is to start doing stuff with the property that they don't approve of.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:I think the only way to get these lazy jerks out of their hole in the ground is to start doing stuff with the property that they don't approve of.
And you think that will make TakeTwo predisposed to want to do the community a favor...why exactly?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Who said anything about them doing favours?? I said it might be a way to get them out of their hole - didn't say it'd be a positive reaction though, haha.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

William Wallet wrote:Who said anything about them doing favours?? I said it might be a way to get them out of their hole - didn't say it'd be a positive reaction though, haha.
Id rather throw up a kick-starter page to raise funds to buy the rights back and hand it to a company like CD Project Red on the condition that they make the game in the future.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

kingthrall wrote: Id rather throw up a kick-starter page to raise funds to buy the rights back and hand it to a company like CD Project Red on the condition that they make the game in the future.
Yeah I don't think the games industry works like that... you'd have to be willing to fund the entire game. People have more ideas than they have time to work on them, not the other way around.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

kingthrall wrote:Id rather throw up a kick-starter page to raise funds to buy the rights back and hand it to a company like CD Project Red on the condition that they make the game in the future.
I can't imagine a kickstarter campaign to raise over 100,000 to buy the rights to Myth would be successful unless Bungie decided they wanted the rights back.

Not because people don't like Myth, but because the community is so small. You could try to interest long-gone players, but people who contribute to Kickstarter campaigns generally want something for their contribution - even if all they are getting is the opportunity to buy a new version of a game. If you are just buying the license people don't get much for their investment. I think trying to get people to contribute money to buy the license of a 16 year old computer game so it can be freely distributed isn't going to have much appeal to people who haven't played the game in years.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

In my my head could not bear such shocks ... Urban Chaos, Knights and Merchants ... When in use, these games are not under Myth and they recently appeared in the Steam!

I contacted the company Square Enix, namely, wrote a letter with a proposal for a series of Myth (they still are fans of "revives" the old game, and they added these games this year (Omicron, Legacy of Kain, Urban Chaos, etc.) . They can be seen in Steam)

So we will wait for their response ...

We wait and hope for the best ... :|
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

paladin MAIK wrote:In my my head could not bear such shocks ... Urban Chaos, Knights and Merchants ... When in use, these games are not under Myth and they recently appeared in the Steam!

I contacted the company Square Enix, namely, wrote a letter with a proposal for a series of Myth (they still are fans of "revives" the old game, and they added these games this year (Omicron, Legacy of Kain, Urban Chaos, etc.) . They can be seen in Steam)

So we will wait for their response ...

We wait and hope for the best ... :|

you should of wrote one to GOG and CD project Red. Although my kickstarter idea is extremely unlikely to work, its probably the only real option to take it off Take 2's hands.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I can't see them being communicative about Myth unless you've got finances to wave at them.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

How many of you will be here in three years?
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Also, SCS, I miss the pool party games and Animal Farm.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service