letter to "Take 2 Interactive"

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

Re: letter to "Take 2 Interactive"

Post by Zeph »

Activison looking to buy Take-Two ?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/it-wou ... 0-6422012/
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

It would be nice (revenge). . .

But that's just it will help us in this case. . .
oldblood

Post by oldblood »

Pyro wrote: No one can just make a game using Myth 3. Take Two (or some branch of it) owns the rights. Need to buy the rights first or have them license the game to a company to make a game.
I know, I'm talking now just about "The fallen levels"- style modifycation.

It's so pity that Myth world has no certain future.
I dreamed to write a story on that plotline, but that is less realistic than returning of M series :lol:
When the sea turns blood red, and stones start to burn,
when the stars are falling down, we are on the storm
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

It is harder to port the Myth 3 campaign to Myth 2 than it was to port TFL to Myth 2. Myth 3 did things that are not supported in Myth 2 right now. Revan has been working on something like that for some time. Maybe he will finish it some day.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Pyro wrote:It is harder to port the Myth 3 campaign to Myth 2 than it was to port TFL to Myth 2. Myth 3 did things that are not supported in Myth 2 right now. Revan has been working on something like that for some time. Maybe he will finish it some day.
*Spoiler Alert*

(He won't)
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Zeph wrote:Activison looking to buy Take-Two ?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/it-wou ... 0-6422012/
That's pretty much the worst case scenario, if they did, you could pretty much kiss Myth goodbye for real. While there is a .001% chance Take 2 will do something with it, there is less of a chance Activision will. They don't support franchises that don't break multimillions with each release. They basically just work on WoW, CoD and Skylanders these days.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Or maybe Activision will pull another take2 and make a myth 4 and pretty much repeat what happened to myth 3 :P
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

DarthRevan555 wrote:Or maybe Activision will pull another take2 and make a myth 4 and pretty much repeat what happened to myth 3 :P
- the activision ?!!! really ?!!! :o
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

juliocpaes wrote:
DarthRevan555 wrote:Or maybe Activision will pull another take2 and make a myth 4 and pretty much repeat what happened to myth 3 :P
Darth is just imagining. Neither Bungie nor Activision own the rights to Myth, but Bungie and Activision are currently working together. The situation is nothing like when Bungie traded their stake in Myth to TakeTwo so Bungie could work with MicroSoft.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:
juliocpaes wrote:
Darth is just imagining. Neither Bungie nor Activision own the rights to Myth, but Bungie and Activision are currently working together. The situation is nothing like when Bungie traded their stake in Myth to TakeTwo so Bungie could work with MicroSoft.
Vinylrake,

oh, these things about rights and partnerships between companies are very complicated :o
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Jon God wrote:Take 2 also likes to mine IPs they have from time to time. The last one they mined was X-Com which got a fantastic reboot, which is faithful to the original in style, difficulty and gameplay, and was quite successful.

It wouldn't surprise me if one day they made a new Myth, but you'd really need the right team for it.
Companies like to hold an IP catalogue even if they don't intend to do anything with it. It elevates the value of the company which results in a higher share price and better debt management options.
vinylrake wrote:Mariusnet used to have a disclaimer that displayed when you logged on that said something to the effect of "This is not Bungie.net, do not call Bungie for support" and people would joke about how stupid it was that everyone knew the marius game server wasn't bungie, but I am sure it was there for a reason - even years after Bungie stopped running a Myth gameserver some people who got online to play assumed the server was being run/sponsored by Bungie. I have to think that any game released with a credit 'licensed from TakeTwo Interactive' is going to result in at least some people contacting TakeTwo if they have problems.
I think Bungie asked for that disclaimer.
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

I still stop by here and every now and then to see how the community's doing. And still keep an eye out for game industry people who may have useful Take 2 contacts. And still curious about the "6 figures", big difference between 100 000 and 900 000.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

There's really no community left anymore, except maybe a tiny tiny group.

The only way T2 is going to listen at this point if M2 starts getting posted on all sorts of sites to download and Steam, which at this point really should just happen.