Post by Jon God »

Nice, so many thanks to you all!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Mariusnet offline

Post by Pyro »

Looks like the DNS has updated, I am able to see the site and server without a modified file. Though the site gives me error 500 a few times before working.
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

I haven't been able to get past the 500 error on the web yet, but the iPhone app seems to have found the player feed ok, shows Pyro bravely sitting there alone in the digital wilderness :D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I've only tried a few times, but I get the same results Pyro does. Sometimes I connect ok, more recently I've been getting 500 errors.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

spongefile wrote:I haven't been able to get past the 500 error on the web yet, but the iPhone app seems to have found the player feed ok, shows Pyro bravely sitting there alone in the digital wilderness :D
Speaking of this sponge, if I made a similar interface for GoS, would it be possible to make your web page/app support it as well? JSON is more convenient than XML for me but I could really do either if need be. Would you mind PMing me a list of the fields you need so that I can make sure to include them?
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

if I made a similar interface for GoS, would it be possible to make your web page/app support it as well?
Long answer PMed to Punk User, short answer is: I was already thinking of looking into this, but can't say yet exactly when I'll be able to.
coob

Post by coob »

Hi - it's been about 10 years since I last played MII but I've found my old CD and I'm ready to get back to some multiplayer. Is there any way to sign up for a new Mariusnet account? Website still seems down.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

You should be able to log onto the mnet gameserver as username 'guest' without needing a username/password (or maybe you need to use 'anonymous' as the password, I can't remember) but people are also using the new gateofstorms.net gameserver.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

vinylrake wrote:You should be able to log onto the mnet gameserver as username 'guest' without needing a username/password
You used to need to type something (anything) in the password field just to get it to allow you to log in. In 1.8 you can just leave it blank.
vinylrake wrote:but people are also using the new gateofstorms.net gameserver.
Right, there's very few people at Mnet now. I'd recommend trying the GoS metaserver. See http://www.gateofstorms.net/faq/ for instructions, but it's pretty easy.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

my bad for the unclear wording. i should have said 'username=guest' password=anything.

thanks for the clarification
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Is Mariusnet still down?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

The server was down only for those 12 days PPE gave info on. After that the site would work sometimes and other times give an internal error. Eventually the site stopped working at all and just gives an internal error 500 now. Oddly enough spongefile says the Mnet iOS app is still able to display players and games, but most players are on the other server now.
Point

Post by Point »

Mnet has been back up and running for a while now... the website however doesnt seem to be...

ARMY you can see when your ordermates have been online last by typing .orderlist on mnet... check in and email when you got games going :) YAR!.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:... Oddly enough spongefile says the Mnet iOS app is still able to display players and games, ...
Not necessarily odd - if Sponge is getting the data from an xml file or the equivalent, then the gameserver could still be creating that file even if the website isn't functioning. From the little I know of webhosts and Apache and database connections and networking, a web host/site has a lot more pieces that can break or go wonky than a standalone app like a gameserver would have.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Right, I just meant odd that it works when you would think the site, while more complex would be more likely to be noticed if it worked or not. Well and also, when the site would work at first, the "who's online" wasn't updating. It made me think that part was also broken when it turns out it wasn't for the iOS app.