Myth II 1.8.0 Final

Talk about anything here.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Final

Post by Melekor »

bluseychris2 wrote:Is that animal I see in your avatar?
Haha, yep that's him. Animal has been my avatar on udogs hotline since.. pretty much forever, while golden oak tree is my in game player icon as well as the icon for the Oak editor.
Point

Post by Point »

FYI 1.8 424 mac doesn't seem to save screen size preferences... I have to reset each time I start myth.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Point wrote:FYI 1.8 424 mac doesn't seem to save screen size preferences... I have to reset each time I start myth.
It works for me. Can you provide details? Fullscreen or windowed? What your native resolution and what are you trying to use? And what does it reset it to?
Point

Post by Point »

Myrd wrote:
Point wrote:FYI 1.8 424 mac doesn't seem to save screen size preferences... I have to reset each time I start myth.
It works for me. Can you provide details? Fullscreen or windowed? What your native resolution and what are you trying to use? And what does it reset it to?

yes definitely resets every time i quit myth ... defaults back to 1920x1200 and i have to re select 1920x1080 each time... the good news 1920x1080 works... Thanks for that makes myth much more sizable on my screen...

windowed mode... native is 1920x1200 which doesnt work in windowed mode for the bottom of the screen is off lost because of apple menu bar on top pushes it offscreen...

ps... as far as plugins with maps and tags i haven't had a chance to go back to see when they last worked probably have to go back to pre triangle icon added to tagset days.... :) though carlinho's greek and high res wwii are all inclusive plugs like most of us used to do before we split them into tagsets and maps ... ---he may not of specified for load order in those... or maybe that no longer even works either way I'm pretty sure from my way back plug building days that if in loads in reverse order was checked or unchecked when building tag or some check box on that build a plug in menu that it worked... which allowed for unit updates to be in map plugs and removed the need to separate out tags from maps so they could still replace regular units... anyway loading multiple tagsets still works as far as i can tell so thats all that really matters...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Did you move out your prefs folder and have M2 recreate it?
bluseychris2

Post by bluseychris2 »

Build 427 on downloads page?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

If you are asking where to get build 427, it is the 1.8.0 version you find the in the download page or even at the Tain. It has a few minor fixes that 424 did not.
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

Finally had the chance to download and install this. Good work guys! Really liking the new features. Thank you!
samerhssn

Post by samerhssn »

why / wAvA-IX-ForgottenHeroes-v1/ and / JINN Mappack v.1/ dont work?

can you send me the tagset of each one ?
also the first and second level of /D-DAY 1944 HR 1.9/ not working just the third
level works?
please help me
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Please make a new thread over at the Tech Support section for these issues you are having.

Load up Myth2 and try to run one of those plugins you have issues with. Then go find your "myth_log" text file in your Myth II folder and include it in your post. You can copy/paste it or just attach it to your post. ("Upload attachment" option is under the preview/submit buttons when making a new post.) Include any other information that might help for example, when did you have this issue with 1.7.2 and so on.
samerhssn

Post by samerhssn »

ooooooooooo healthy..... yeehhhh
Road

Post by Road »

Does that include our local bounty heroes that are banned?

1.8 sounds interesting to some extent and Im proud that PM has done what hey could but with some of us out of the loop would it be ok to participate in this new found project?
lpetrich

Post by lpetrich »

I found what may be a bug in 1.8.0 or else a bug in a map file.

I was playing "Magma - Five Legends TFL" with "Magma - The Fallen Levels v2", at the lowest difficult level, and I ran into a map bug. In "The Road Not Taken", the Five Legends version of "The Road North", there is no trail of blood and no bow in the northern lake. However, "The Road North" (The Fallen Levels) works correctly.

What gives?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

That is not related to 1.8.0. Whoever made the five legends version of that map must have accidently taken out the units that create that blood. I guess no one reported it back then or they didn't care because they probably played that map enough times to guess their way through it.
lpetrich

Post by lpetrich »

Is that a known bug with Five Legends TFL? Where would be a good place to report it?

After some experimenting, I found out how to skip past that level. Select "New Game" in the main menu while pressing "shift". I'd earlier tried ctrl, opt, and cmd, without success; I run OSX.