Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta 2

Talk about anything here.
Arzenic

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta 2

Post by Arzenic »

Pyro wrote:You are logged in when this happens right?
yes
Pyro wrote:Did you go to preferences and disable "Use Multiple Processors/Cores" to see if it helps?
I think i have tried both methods, but since i'm not 100% sure i'll try it with 1.8 final when i get the chance
cremisiii

Post by cremisiii »

mouse cam movement not working in 1.8 switching back to 1.7 .

update< it dose not work in automatic or windows mode it only works in full screen .
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

cremisiii wrote: update< it dose not work in automatic or windows mode it only works in full screen .
It should only be windowed mode where your window is actually smaller than the screen where it isn't on by default, and you can press Ctrl+G to "grab" your mouse within the windowed and have it work. Not working in automatic and windowed where res = native resolution might be a bug... can you let us know your system information including stuff like your OS/monitor resolution/myth settings and whether you use multiple monitors?
cremisiii

Post by cremisiii »

windows vista home prem 64
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you try Ctrl+G so that the mouse at the screen edges moves the camera? This only needs to be done if the game is in window instead of taking up the whole screen.
killerking

Post by killerking »

I've returned home yesterday, and now I found out my father removed ALL of my games from the computer...
So unfortunately I can't provide you my myth_log.txt anymore for the graphics bug on mac os x.

Also, my Myth II cd is somewhere else, so I can't even try to reproduce it ;(
Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

Arzenic wrote:
Pyro wrote:You are logged in when this happens right?
yes
Pyro wrote:Did you go to preferences and disable "Use Multiple Processors/Cores" to see if it helps?
I think i have tried both methods, but since i'm not 100% sure i'll try it with 1.8 final when i get the chance
update on this issue.

I disabled the Multiple cores option with 1.8 final and tested it 4 times on mnet before it went down. did not have any issues with lobby.

I have also tried GoS a few times and haven't had any issues on there either.

Can't say with 100% certainty that the issue is fixed but for now it looks good
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Great. Thanks for letting us know. That setting is known to do some quirky things to some users while it improves performance for others.