Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta 2

Talk about anything here.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Bug report: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta 2

Post by Melekor »

carnage99 wrote:With 1.8 Beta 2 (newer Mac) I see black rectangles where my units are. If I move the camera one or two units may draw correctly, but the majority are failing to render. This happens with regular and plugin maps/units
Can you try the following: In your preferences folder, create a txt file called poweruser.txt, with the following contents:

Code: Select all

[Renderer.OpenGL]
UseMipMaps=False
Then start myth again. Let us know if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't fix the problem, please post your myth log again to confirm the setting was applied correctly.
Industry

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta 2

Post by Industry »

Sadly beta 2 did not resolve my problem with dropping frame rate. Exact same thing happens.
Attachments
poweruser.txt
(74 Bytes) Downloaded 326 times
myth_log.txt
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Can you post a 1.7.2 log of when it's fast, as well as letting us know some specific FPS numbers for the two versions in reproducible situations (say the start of willow creek or something before you move the camera)?
DominicWhite

Post by DominicWhite »

Great work on v1.8.0 so far - it seems pretty universally great. I did just notice one small tagset-pairing oversight.

While it seems to identify correctly which tagsets go with which maps, Green Berets V2 (http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/green-berets-pack) doesn't seem to auto-pair the map pack and the tagset.

I'm on Windows 7 x64, if that makes any difference.

Also, less of a bug report and more of a feature request - it's probably considered cheating (so perhaps make it a cheat-code?), but given how high-res modern monitors are, I'd love to use the additional zoom levels from replay mode during gameplay. Solo, most likely, although a tickbox to enable it in multiplayer might be interesting.

Edit: A second small feature request just sprang to mind - if you can have it automatically load the correct tilesets for certain campaigns, an option to have it load the matching interface file might be nice. Green Berets, Mazzarin's Demise, etc. Just an idea
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Hi Dominic, thanks for the feedback. Green Berets will be added to the list of hardcoded campaigns for 1.8 final.

Your feature suggestions are good ones which we've thought of also. 1.8 is feature locked now but perhaps these can be added to 1.8.1 or future versions.
Industry

Post by Industry »

punkUser wrote:Can you post a 1.7.2 log of when it's fast, as well as letting us know some specific FPS numbers for the two versions in reproducible situations (say the start of willow creek or something before you move the camera)?
I posted in the beta 1 test with all these things. My frame rate drops as low at 10, but then it will just right back up again to 60 (which is around where it is usually). In beta 1 I used a film from a Mazzarin's Demise game. The specific instance I pointed to was a Paladin's heal burst (which I think are projectiles). It only happens when things get busy. It's hard to get a good read of how low the frame rate drops and how long it stays there, since it drops and jumps back up and drops again all in the space of seconds.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Industry wrote:
punkUser wrote:Can you post a 1.7.2 log of when it's fast, as well as letting us know some specific FPS numbers for the two versions in reproducible situations (say the start of willow creek or something before you move the camera)?
I posted in the beta 1 test with all these things. My frame rate drops as low at 10, but then it will just right back up again to 60 (which is around where it is usually). In beta 1 I used a film from a Mazzarin's Demise game. The specific instance I pointed to was a Paladin's heal burst (which I think are projectiles). It only happens when things get busy. It's hard to get a good read of how low the frame rate drops and how long it stays there, since it drops and jumps back up and drops again all in the space of seconds.
What's your memory use like? Could it be that with 1G ram, your system is running low on RAM during those moments? What's your texture cache setting like? Does increasing or decreasing it help?

Any chance you could try some intermediate private beta builds for us and identify which build introduced the problem?
Industry

Post by Industry »

My texture cache usually lives at 144MB but I lowered it to as low as 32MB and still had problems. I'll grab the previous privates and try the same test.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

I do not know if there was a question or not, "How many units will support the card?"

In version 1.7.2 Maximum number of soldiers on the map was 400 :|
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

paladin MAIK wrote: In version 1.7.2 Maximum number of soldiers on the map was 400 :|
That limit has not changed in 1.8.
myth2

Post by myth2 »

OK, here is a *fresh* crash log for beta 2 (fixed with the correct log now!)

Since the above log proved useless, now includes older beta1 logs for improved pleasure!
Last edited by myth2 on Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That log shows you loaded 1.7.2, and not the 1.8.0 beta. Also, it does not show a crash. Run "Myth II 1.8 Public Beta 2" instead of "Myth II" to run the beta.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

myth2 wrote:Since the above log proved useless, now includes older beta1 logs for improved pleasure!
The crashlogs indicate that the crash is happening inside your graphics driver. I see you have an intel graphics chipset, so check out this page: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics to get the latest drivers for your intel hardware. Updating the drivers should probably fix the problem, let us know if it doesn't.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Happens on 419.
Industry

Post by Industry »

418, 415, 414. Will try 413 tomorrow. Don't remember it happening on 412.