Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
MindBrain

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Post by MindBrain »

punkUser wrote:
MindBrain wrote:I noticed the plugin list on the host screen seems strange and not to be in fully alphabetic order. Should it be?
It's sorted in terms of which plugins have the most meshes I believe.
Oh don't you think it would be easiest to navigate being sorted alphabetically? Especially since the window for the list is pretty small...

I mean sorted by number of meshes pretty much just randomizes the list...
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Platinum wrote:Awesome demo video for 1.8. Why are some of the names blurred out and others are not?
Some of them were slightly offensive for the general youtube audience so I had to blur them out ;)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

MindBrain wrote:...it would be easiest to navigate being sorted alphabetically?
The easiest way to navigate is using the search field. Sorted alphabetically would be the second easiest way.
ScaryMonster

Post by ScaryMonster »

Might be a 1.8 beta bug.

I'm replaying the SB-solo levels. During Gonen's Bridge, the J-man's healing 'sound' and animation was replaced w/ those of the Wild West plugin/tagset - which I have and have used with the beta - but was *not* active during this session.

A film shows this behavior, if it's helpful.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

ScaryMonster wrote: A film shows this behavior, if it's helpful.
Always, please post.
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

Film attached. The tagset 1.72 and map pack "Fields of Battle Maps A " are located on Point's page : http://tain.totalcodex.net/authors/show/548
Pyro wrote:For any assert found, please link us to the plugin used. Also, zip and attach a film with the assert in a post for us to look at. As for the game speed not showing up, is this while the assert is showing? If so, that is normal as the same thing happens with OOS message. If there was no asset or OOS then it is a bug and we will need more information on it.
Attachments
Last Recording.zip
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Yankee
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

ScaryMonster wrote:..but was *not* active during this session.
Please include your myth log (found in your Myth II folder) and check if your local folder contains any subfolders with files in them. Keep in mind the myth log gets overwritten when you load Myth, Fear, or Loathing. So load Myth and recreate this issue, then close it and include the myth log you have made.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

MindBrain wrote:
punkUser wrote:
MindBrain wrote:I noticed the plugin list on the host screen seems strange and not to be in fully alphabetic order. Should it be?
It's sorted in terms of which plugins have the most meshes I believe.
Oh don't you think it would be easiest to navigate being sorted alphabetically? Especially since the window for the list is pretty small...

I mean sorted by number of meshes pretty much just randomizes the list...
I agree on this, it really needs to be fixed so it's alphabetical.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

erileykc wrote:The tagset 1.72 and map pack "Fields of Battle Maps A "
I found the tagset, but the Fields of Battle Map Pack A was not the one used on the film you uploaded. There are no similarly named map packs, so we still need a link for whatever plugin you used for it.
Khellek

Post by Khellek »

I've been ignoring this issue since the Throne of the Lich King days, but I think i should bring it up, in case there is something that can be done about it.

When you MOMA a unit, sometimes, it seems to get stuck for a couple of seconds on the spot in appeared on. If you try to give it a move order, it seems to "moonwalk" in place. It will "dislodge" after a couple of seconds, but it's a little anoying, especially if the unit is being attacked and can't evade.

My apologies if this has been addressed previously.
There can be only one...
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

Pyro wrote:
MindBrain wrote:...it would be easiest to navigate being sorted alphabetically?
The easiest way to navigate is using the search field. Sorted alphabetically would be the second easiest way.
Ummm... ohhhkaayyy
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Come on Pyro that really is nitpicking and also more of an objective opinion.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

GodzFire wrote:Come on Pyro that really is nitpicking and also more of an objective opinion.
dunno about that godz, i can type in a few letters and get to the map more quickly than you could scroll down to it, even if alphabetical (unless its the first 'A' map). i wager you one dwarven ale what i say is true !! ;op
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GodzFire wrote:Come on Pyro that really is nitpicking and also more of an objective opinion.
Interesting this english word : "nitpicking" I do not knew, learn each thing here. a similar word in portuguese is "picuinhas"
my english isn't as good a native-English speaker. :D

Jul
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

You know how some players are, sometimes they are stuck doing things a certain way not knowing there are other options. I said what I said to get the point across that the search filter is useful for finding plugins. If you can find a plugin while it is sorted alphabetically, you can find it by using the search filter with less scrolling.

Am I saying the current sorting method is best? No, in fact I was one of the first to mention how difficult it was searching for things even though it has that type-to-seek feature most wouldn't think of trying. Once that search filter got added, it was easier, but still strange for anyone used to the way it was before.

Some people probably didn't make use of the plugin filter all these years. This might get them to try it for now at least.