Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
pallidice

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Post by pallidice »

yes to everything on 1.7.2 execpt i dont think detail textures ever worked for me. graphics card is to shitty or didnt mess around enough
Pallidice
zoso

Post by zoso »

saved film from gladiators, went oos twice, this is the second one. both with 1.8
Attachments
gladiators crash w 1.zip
(56.09 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

pallidice wrote:yes to everything on 1.7.2 execpt i dont think detail textures ever worked for me. graphics card is to shitty or didnt mess around enough
By your specs Pal, it looks like you have a Power Mac G4 Quicksilver circa 2001. Is that correct?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Pallidice was able to load dtex but claimed they look very weird, so who knows.

As for the OOS Zoso reported, this is the plugin used on it. Zoso was on 1.8.0 but the game used 1.7.2 gameplay. It goes OOS at about the 20:48 mark, however if you watch the film under 1.7.2 it doesn't go OOS. Interesting find.
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

I'm on a macpro 2x2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Xeon OSX10.6.4 with 2 monitors
When i start myth its all good,but the moment the game starts Myth swaps over to the other monitor.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Bonky wrote:I'm on a macpro 2x2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Xeon OSX10.6.4 with 2 monitors
When i start myth its all good,but the moment the game starts Myth swaps over to the other monitor.
You using "windowed" or "full screen" mode in options? Try windowed with resolution = native res.

[Edit] Oh wait OSX... me = useless there :(
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Question on the screenshots feature... what kind of image file do they save as? I uploaded the direct file of a screenshot I made to IMGUR.com, and the screenshot was complete white when it uploaded. Just wondering?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Bonky wrote:I'm on a macpro 2x2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Xeon OSX10.6.4 with 2 monitors
If you hold option while starting Myth, it should show you a dialog that lets you select the screen to use.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

zoso wrote:saved film from gladiators, went oos twice, this is the second one. both with 1.8
I went OOS while watching a 1.7.2 movie of gladiators. It went OOS about 25 minutes into the game. Same time every spot too.
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

yes dtex works fine on this computer. and its a mirror drive doors 2001
Pallidice
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Myrd wrote:
If you hold option while starting Myth, it should show you a dialog that lets you select the screen to use.

ok i did that and selected the other monitor
now it changes the resolution on one monitor(the monitor i don't want it on) and is in windowed mode on the other monitor i do want it on.Once i start the game it goes to full screen,which is great.But the other monitor is at the wrong resolution.So Myth is hogging both the monitors.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Platinum wrote:Question on the screenshots feature... what kind of image file do they save as?
You might want to convert it to something else first. Myth saves it as a BMP just as the help pdf mentions (if you go to prefs, press the "?" button).
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

Crash log for 1.8 beta on MacOS 10.6.8. Immediately crashes to postgame after starting a game:

2013-04-08 01:31:24
Myth II |iUniversal|p Build 417 running under MacOS 1068 (Intel) ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 153
Number removed: 0
Number added: 0
New count: 153
DEBUG: Adding 14 monolithic tags:
small install
medium install
large install
international small install
international large install
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.8 Interface
Patch 1.7 Templates
Jon God's Ultimate Dtex AddonB6
Magma - Bungie Map Textures v1
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT OpenGL Engine | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 2.1
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.smk'.
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
Running OpenGL 2.1 at 1920 x 1200, 60 Hz (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "Gyre in the Wabe"...
Using 1.8.0 BETA gameplay...
OpenGL: Initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=1, MaxAnisotropy=8, MSAASamples=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseMipMaps=1, UseNPO2Textures=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1, UseCMapTiles=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1
Error: File system Open in /Users/shadowknight/Projects/myth2/1.8-devX/Myth2Code/tag_files/tag_files.c, line #2912: couldn't open local tag file '/Applications/Myth II/local/formations/internal formations custom BaCK'
Error: File system Open in /Users/shadowknight/Projects/myth2/1.8-devX/Myth2Code/tag_files/tag_files.c, line #1131: single_file_open() failed in tag_file_read() internal formations custom BaCK
Error: File system Open in /Users/shadowknight/Projects/myth2/1.8-devX/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #503: couldn't read formations definition for 'internal formations custom BaCK' (info).
Quitting networked game...

local.zip
zip of local folder
(3.98 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

MindBrain's issue was fixed once he deleted that formation file he had altered. I looked into it. The file name is 33 characters long, if altered to be 31 characters long (myth's limit), it won't fail to load maps. This issue does not happen in 1.7.2, but it does in 1.8.0.
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

Woah, Uh I noticed the unit trading bar gets put smack in the middle of the screen. Uh it feels really strange, like it doesn't belong there, but where it was before. So could you tell me it's possible to put it back where it was and how to do that? And if it's not possible will you uh, put it back the way it was or make the option available in the poweruser txt or something, THANKS

Edit: The main reason I liked it where it was is it doesn't obscure the view of the army