Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Post by GodzFire »

I have also been meaning to chime in on asking why the choice for screenshot format was bmp, and not png or jpg?
Point

Post by Point »

Pyro wrote:Myth for Mac used to show more resolutions that had various different aspect ratios. Changes made for Myth on the Mac side changed this, and it now shows less resolution options which your monitor supports. The same way Myth for Windows has been doing already. That resolution Point was using is just one that his monitor does not support. Anyone using only their native desktop resolution won't even notice this change.

well my monitor supported in just fine in 1.7.2 in that i could choose it and use it... now im stuck using 1680x1050 ;(
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

GodzFire wrote:I have also been meaning to chime in on asking why the choice for screenshot format was bmp, and not png or jpg?
Lossless and quick to write to disk. You don't want to unnecessarily affect gameplay encoding a compressed format at runtime... it's easy enough to convert to whatever afterwards.
Point wrote: well my monitor supported in just fine in 1.7.2 in that i could choose it and use it... now im stuck using 1680x1050 ;(
In windowed mode not full screen... as I've explained to you on hotline, what you really want is a resizable window on Mac, like there is on PC now so you can make it whatever size you want (and avoid whatever overlaps, etc). Adding 1920x1080 explicitly just for windowed mode is a work-around, at best. Regardless, I'm sure Myrd has seen this many times no, no point in restating it further.
empy

Post by empy »

Pyro wrote:Can you show us your myth_log? It is in your Myth2 folder. Also what Myth2 prefs do you have for graphics section?
2013-04-20 21:20:22
Myth II Build 417 running under Modern Windows 6.002000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 0
Number removed: 0
Number added: 87
New count: 87
DEBUG: Adding 12 monolithic tags:
small install
medium install
large install
international small install
international large install
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.8 Interface
Patch 1.7 Templates
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for DirectX 11 devices...
Found adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2 | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 4.3
Initializing sound with DirectSound...
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
DirectSound initialized successfully.
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
Running DirectX 11 at 640 x 480 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "Proving Grounds"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Quitting networked game...
Running DirectX 11 at 2560 x 1440 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "Dead Man's Float"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Starting mesh "If I Had a Trow..."...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Saving screenshot to screenshots/screenshot- 2013-04-20 21.37.30.bmp...
DEBUG: Adding 1 monolithic tags:
Acts of Piety v1.0
Starting mesh "Acts of Cruelty" with 1 plugin...
Acts of Piety v1.0
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Saving screenshot to screenshots/screenshot- 2013-04-20 21.49.24.bmp...

See its strange the game looks like it thinks im running at 640 by 480 (I guess thats the outline of the interface) when my screen is actually 2560 x 1440.

These are my graphics settings. Hope it helps
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

You're running 1.7.2. Can you please try this again with 1.8 PB1?
zoso

Post by zoso »

it doesn't get much more minor a problem than this, but previously when you were sitting in the lobby and you double clicked on a game to join while it was already running, it would "import" that games settings into your new game screen so you could host an identical game with those settings or at least check to see what difficulty that game was on. with 1.8 your new game settings are still whatever it was the last time you hosted a game. not a big deal.

correction: just tried it again. it does however import the title or name of their game but none of the settings.
Last edited by zoso on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Empy, try switching to Windowed instead of Automatic and see if that improves things. It is possible your system does not like Automatic much. Windowed mode has gotten some changes making it the recommended option for computers that aren't too old. It should be better than Automatic, also you can use Alt-Enter to toggle windowed/fullscreen modes, even during a game.
empy

Post by empy »

It was 1.7.2 gameplay because everyone else had that. Since restarting Myth 2 the problem went away. I will see if it happens again.
zoso

Post by zoso »

was playing a game of Dream of Death rc33 with Blue Phoenix today. we were both on 1.8 beta. he says he got the "assert encountered" message. i had no problems on my end. he said it happened 3 mins in although he didn't say anything about it until almost 30 mins in. little bit of a language barrier involved here. but thats my interpretation. i will post the link to the plugin, and upload both films in one zip. not sure i could've talked him thru getting his myth log.
plug in: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20rc33.zip
Attachments
dod 1.8 crash zoso version.zip
(41.59 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

zoso wrote:was playing a game of Dream of Death rc33 with Blue Phoenix today. we were both on 1.8 beta. he says he got the "assert encountered" message. i had no problems on my end. he said it happened 3 mins in although he didn't say anything about it until almost 30 mins in. little bit of a language barrier involved here. but thats my interpretation. i will post the link to the plugin, and upload both films in one zip. not sure i could've talked him thru getting his myth log.
plug in: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20rc33.zip
I don't see it in the film - so not much to go on. I would have liked to see his Myth log.

I noticed in chat he mentions he's also seen it on Gladiators and Mazz - any one have any films / myth logs from those that had the assert encountered show up?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Myrd wrote:I don't see it in the film - so not much to go on. I would have liked to see his Myth log.
Check out the tester's thread where I posted about it that same day.
Industry

Post by Industry »

I've been having a problem with frame rates in 1.8 PB. In the latest Mazzarin's Demise (10a) when the action gets busy i.e. many monsters my frame rates drop appreciably, like to 12 fps. They pick right back up again, but that seems to make it worse, my brain doesn't adjust to the variable frame rate as fast as myth does so I interpret some of the delay as misclicks and repeat actions, don't perform them, immo the team, etc.

I've been trying to figure it out, but Pyro insisted I post about it. Damn public beta. So here's the film, a 1.8 pb myth_log.txt, and a 1.7.2 myth_log.txt. I have a power users file where I've shut off MipMaps, Shaders, and NPO2 Textures (whatever those are).

Oh and I am on a Mac Mini using OS X 10.5.8, Intel Processor, 1GB RAM circa 2009.

Hmm, film is too large, I'll put it in my Uploads on Udogs.
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... ploads/WTF
Attachments
myth_log_1_7_2_noproblem.txt
(959 Bytes) Downloaded 144 times
myth_log_1.8_problem.txt
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Probably not a big issue (since I assume you have detail textures off?), but you should disable anisotropic filtering in preferences.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Industry wrote:I've been having a problem with frame rates in 1.8 PB. In the latest Mazzarin's Demise (10a) when the action gets busy i.e. many monsters my frame rates drop appreciably, like to 12 fps. They pick right back up again, but that seems to make it worse, my brain doesn't adjust to the variable frame rate as fast as myth does so I interpret some of the delay as misclicks and repeat actions, don't perform them, immo the team, etc.

I've been trying to figure it out, but Pyro insisted I post about it. Damn public beta. So here's the film, a 1.8 pb myth_log.txt, and a 1.7.2 myth_log.txt. I have a power users file where I've shut off MipMaps, Shaders, and NPO2 Textures (whatever those are).

Oh and I am on a Mac Mini using OS X 10.5.8, Intel Processor, 1GB RAM circa 2009.

Hmm, film is too large, I'll put it in my Uploads on Udogs.
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... ploads/WTF
Is your "texture cache size" setting set to the same setting for both?
Industry

Post by Industry »

Dtex is off. Anisotropic Filtering is off. Texture Cache size is the same (144MB) in both. Both versions are in the same folder so they are using the same preferences file.