Zaktorious: Zaknafein 2, Mapmaking Community: 0

Talk about anything here.
Zaknafein

Zaktorious: Zaknafein 2, Mapmaking Community: 0

Post by Zaknafein »

This individual has chased me across the magma forums and the tain. This is his way of having a civilized discussion:
Olong2 wrote: If you consider abject failure "success" in your world of non-reality, then you are quite the success, indeed

Keep your day job, Zaknafein

To put something in the "Circular File" means to throw it away, as one would do with old coffee grounds, orange peels, and many-holed socks. In the case of your horrible plug-in, the Circular File is a fitting and appropriate end.
Olong2 wrote: Not sure I have anything further to add to the conversation, Zaknafein, as it's obvious you're not playing with a full deck.

But, you keep on haphazardly bastardizing the hard work of others, afterward labeling yourself "brilliant" and "amazing" for doing so...and thinking yourself a genius for hiding credits in Easter Eggs.
Olong2 wrote: Z, you need help. Really, you do.

Z, my primary pique with you is that you're an insolent asshole who feels some kind of twisted sense of entitlement in the stealing of other people's work (while giving them no credit), slapping-together mostly mediocre plug-ins.

Look, it's pretty clear you have some emotional/behavioral issues, and I don't have any desire to "go there," as they say...so if it's going to cause you to climb on a roof with a magnum or something.

your self-projection is that of a deluded maniac bordering sociopathy...

...anti-social, obtuse passages and behavior. :P
Pretty funny for a schmuck who steals other people's ball-busting, meticulous work and then shits it out from a donkey's ass.
Seeing as the project magma administration is happy to let this troll continue to harass up and coming mapmakers, I will have to deal with this menace to the community myself.

Olong2, I have had enough of your crude insults directed towards my mapmaking organization known as Zak's Mapmaking Team! In the honor of Ska, Shaister, Cu, August, and RZA, I challenge you to a 1v1 mapmaking duel. The winner is decided by whoever gets more stars (averaged) in tain reviews. No rules, besides making forum dummies in order to increase your star average being very obviously banned.

Pretty sure you're going to decline, due to your inferior level of talent and creativity, but I thought I would give you a chance to back up all the bragging you do about your "international recognition".
Last edited by Zaknafein on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Graydon

Re: 1v1 Mapmaking Challenge: Zak vs Olong2

Post by Graydon »

If you're holding a tournement you have to list some rules that both sides are playing by. If it's a true 1v1 that kind of means you cant have any of your 'team' helping you.

And I hardly call what Olong has done 'harrassment' or 'stalking' or whatever other nonsense you call it.

I call what he's doing "Calling you on your shit.". It's the truth, you steal stuff, give no credit, or take the credit yourself, then call yourself awesome for it. Anyone who's ever made a real map thinks of your 'ways' as being pretty heinous.

At least Olong's given you the respect of downloading your crap and actually trying it. It's a whole lot more than I've done, that's certain.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Sounds like he's bang on the money.

Who am I supposed to be rooting for here anyway??
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

who knows - for all I know "olong2" is one of Zak's dummy accounts and he's doing this just for chuckles or to give himself some PR.
ozone

Post by ozone »

vinylrake wrote:who knows - for all I know "olong2" is one of Zak's dummy accounts and he's doing this just for chuckles or to give himself some PR.
Its funny you say this because this very thought crossed my mind as well... it really wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.
do it.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

The rules are:

Nobody can help me or Olong2 on the plugin we are making for this competition.
No creating dummy accounts to boost your review average.
No readmes are required.

The reward of victory:
If Zaknafein should win, Olong2 will delete all posts he made in threads made by Zaknafein. He will delete all of his reviews of plugins made by Zak's Mapmaking Team!. Then he will write new reviews, for each plugin, giving them anywhere from 3 to 5 stars.

If Olong2 should win, Zaknafein will apologize sincerely to those he wronged in the mapmaking community, and write a readme for each plugin he has made. In each readme, there will be credit given to each author of tags being used in aforementioned plugins.

I think you will find my terms more than generous, and that turning down my offer would be cowardly.
God of mapmaking
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Not sure I can be objective, given that we've been ordermates and all Zak, but if your objection is to Olong's reviews not being fair you shouldn't make a condition of your winning that he HAS to rate all your plugins between 3-5 stars. That's not 'fair' by any stretch of the imagination. Having played and enjoyed your Remnants of Harrenhall map many a time, I know you are capable of creating maps worthy of a 3-5 star rating, but mandating a rating range for all your creations regardless of their relative merit isn't 'fair'.

If your concern is that he rate your creations fairly, maybe instead of mandating what he rate your creations, you could propose a fair criteria for rating that he would agree to follow. So you could include things like "No deducting stars for ratings the ratee has made related to the rater's own creations". Identify your criteria upfront and he can agree or disagree.

That would seem 'fairer'.
Last edited by vinylrake on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
king paris

Post by king paris »

Zak all your maps are trash from recycled gems and rocks alike, and also you're a dork. This is the stupidest 'map making challenge' ive ever heard of, especially because you don't actually make maps you just steal tags from 100 different plugins and have yet to create original work. More importantly, you're a troll who trolls trolls while he's trolling trolls, so stop trolling because you already lost your own map mapking challenge.

in your defense when he said
"your self-projection is that of a deluded maniac bordering sociopathy...

...anti-social, obtuse passages and behavior. "
he was quite wrong and probably failed his into to psych course
hey :D
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

How many mythers has Olong2 bought? Truly a pathetic attempt to get out of a fair 1v1.
God of mapmaking
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Are we allowed to quote this thread while reviewing you?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Been a while since the last kerfuffle, wouldn't want anyone thinking mapmaking was the drama-free side of Myth would we? :roll:
Point

Post by Point »

ozone wrote:
vinylrake wrote:who knows - for all I know "olong2" is one of Zak's dummy accounts and he's doing this just for chuckles or to give himself some PR.
Its funny you say this because this very thought crossed my mind as well... it really wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.
lol that was the first thing I thought as well.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

...wow something is happening, nice!...

since Olong2 isn't responding, how about I challenge you Zak? (since I agree with most things Olong2 wrote)

1 vs 1 mapmaking duel (Zak vs Giz):

If I win: you'll remove all your own (and your teams) creations from the tain (and you wont upload them elsewhere), you'll write an apology aimed at all the mapmakers and the community for those creations (a decent 1, posted on various myth related sites), and you'll give up on mapmaking for good.

if you win: I'll remove all my maps and delete all unreleased semi-public resources, I'll write positive reviews for all of your (and your teams) maps (meaning I'll download/play all of em) and I will rate each 5 stars (and basically ruin the tain), and I'll never create a map again.

all we have to do is agree on a deadline, how the voting will work, and some minimal requirements for the maps... lets say a minimum of 1 solo or multi, with an original colormap, minimum of 40 mapactions, 1 new unit (collection), 1 new ingame model (geometry), 1 new special effect type thing, and all has to be made by a single person (no cheating).

Pretty sure you're going to decline, due to your inferior level of talent and creativity, but I thought I would give you a chance to back up all the bragging you do.

...Giz
Last edited by GizmoHB on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

:D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I don't mean this to imply that you aren't intelligent Gizmo, I can understand the sentiment driving this idea, but if you are serious this is the stupidest mapmaking challenge I have ever heard of.

It's nothing more than the mapmakers equivalent of a "retirement match" where two juvenile players who don't like each and can't figure out how to co-exist on the same server agree to play a series of games to determine which one of them will "leave the myth community and stop playing myth online".

There's plenty of place for commenting on maps if one wants to advocate for better readmes, or to rate maps/mapsets lower than normal and explain that the reason is because there are no readmes, but if your goal is to encourage better readmes, getting one mapmaker to remove his creations from public download isn't going to solve that problem.

The goal of a mapmaking challenge should be to create more maps, not to remove maps from public download.