Calling on all unbiased reviewers

Talk about anything here.
Zaknafein

Calling on all unbiased reviewers

Post by Zaknafein »

Zak's Mapmaking Team is being stalked and molested on the tain by an individual known as Olong2. He has been consistently giving our plugins 1 star reviews, despite admitting that his reasons for doing so have nothing to do with the quality of the plugin. This shamelessly biased and petty method of reviewing has no place in our community. Here is an example of his style of "constructive criticism":
NOT A BUNGIE RELEASE: I have here, for some reason, an older version of the plug-in with a read me that says "Hidden Bungie Gems 06 April 2011 by Zaknafein - Regular Bungie meshes with interesting unit groups from various scenarios." No idea where it came from, but it's 99.7-MB. No, not a Bungie release, at all. Oh, wait: That was some of your impenetrably "brilliant" and "amazing" humor at work again! My bad. And, of course, no credits to anyone you "borrowed" from, and no read me. Typical. Actually not too bad a little package, but you lose 1.5 stars for being obtuse and disrespectful. If I weren't such a nice guy, I'd deduct 2.5. And for being childish about Chimera Trees, another star removed.
I request the help of all of you out there with open minds, who appreciate the hard work Zak's Mapmaking Team puts into all of our projects, to give FAIR AND BALANCED reviews of our plugins, particularly the ones which received 1 star from this obsessed and unstable individual.

I thank you for your time sirs.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
vinylrake

Re: Calling on all unbiased reviewers

Post by vinylrake »

Unless there's some clear agreed upon standard for how to rate maps/plugins it isn't really possible to keep people from reviewing things using their own criteria.

In the cases you cite of oolong2 reviewing your maps it appears he's pretty upfront about why he rated the things the way he(?) did so if anyone doesn't like the criteria he uses they are welcome to ignore the review. (which is at least better than reviewers who give bad ratings and don't explain at all)
Olong2

Post by Olong2 »

Oh. My. God. I haven't laughed this hard in...well, I don't know when.

Z, you need help. Really, you do. :| I *gave* an unbiased review, with the criteria for my review transparently listed. I have nothing to hide.

Z, if anyone's an obsessed stalker...well, it's not me! I guess I must be stalking Jon God, The Tain itself, and the numerous plug-ins I've rated/reviewed. Wait...can one *stalk* a plug-in? Hmmm.

Z, my primary pique with you is that you're an insolent asshole who feels some kind of twisted sense of entitlement in the stealing of other people's work (while giving them no credit), slapping-together mostly mediocre plug-ins...and then you sit back and call yourself "amazing" and "genius" for doing so.

On top of it, while I think you actually did a decent job with "Bungie Delights" or whatever it was, that other turd you created (you know, the one you thought a work of amazing genius), that one was...well, a turd. On both ends.

Look, it's pretty clear you have some emotional/behavioral issues, and I don't have any desire to "go there," as they say...so if it's going to cause you to climb on a roof with a magnum or something, just because I frankly think you're an ass for not having the common courtesy to credit the people you borrow from, and that your self-projection is that of a deluded maniac bordering sociopathy...

Well, then...*bye*. See ya. Won't hear from me again.

P.S. The only way I'm going to cut you any benefit of doubt is if English is not your "first language". I live in a multilingual world, deal with crossovers every day, and I do understand that non-English speakers, even when very well-spoken, can often not "get" that the words and tones they're choosing aren't palatable. If this is the case---and it may be---then you have my advance apologies for demeaning your bizarre, anti-social, obtuse passages and behavior. :P
ozone

Post by ozone »

Sorry but I think his review is dead on.

You should have a little more confidence in your work and give it a real name. Don't use names that seem like your trying to get downloads or something. This may not be the case but it sure does seem like it to me. Include a Read Me so it looks like you care about your own work and it isn't some plug throw together in an hour. Give credit to other peoples work that inspired you to make your own creation.

Do these small things and I doubt anyone would give you a low rating because the plug seems fun...
do it.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

ozone wrote:Sorry but I think his review is dead on.
"Actually not too bad a little package, but you lose 1.5 stars for being obtuse and disrespectful. If I weren't such a nice guy, I'd deduct 2.5. And for being childish about Chimera Trees, another star removed."

Is this your idea of dead on? He says he has deducted 3.5 stars for things that have nothing to do with the quality of my plugin, merely the enormous chip on his shoulder.

Not to mention I have not uttered a rude word at his expense, yet he feels the need to push the limits on what moderators will allow people to say on these forums.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

If Krok is any example, Olong isn't pushing any lines anywhere.

Again, as VR stated, every person willing to take the time to rate a plugin is doing it on their own criteria list. Olong's criteria obviously requires the mapmaker producing the plugin to be modest and respectful about the properties they've utilized to make their work: Something you have vocally stated you refuse to do. That, by definition, is obtuse thinking. So, therefore, under his criteria, you lose massive points for being a self-promoting, non-credit-giving douche of a mapmaker. If Olong did not have criterium for such things (as he states) your plugin would gather a higher score.

As far as constructive criticism goes, I think he's given you a golden platter. In case you have difficulty reading between the lines, he's told you: Be a little more humble, a little more modest, and give some fucking credit to the people who spent tens or even hundreds of hours on their work, and you'll probably start getting some solid, positive reviews - both from Olong himself, as well as anyone else downloading your creations. It's really quite simple. As I said in the other thread, grow up a little and maybe you won't need people like me to spell it out for you all the time.

Edit: And learn a bit of math too, lol. He only deducted 2.5 stars based on statements made.