WarriorMouse retires from MagMa & the community.

Talk about anything here.
WazzaMouse
Site Admin

WarriorMouse retires from MagMa & the community.

Post by WazzaMouse »

Well this has been a long time coming. I knew eventually my path would be heading in a different direction and the passive interaction with Magma and the Myth Community would come to an end.

I am very officially retiring from it all. For those that didn't really know I was there it was because I have always been behind the scenes. For years I had paid for the hosting of the Udogs Hotline Server and Totalcodex.net. (there were some years where contributions were given to help offset some of the cost and they were always appreciated.)

I also built the bug tracking system used my MagMa which is integrated into the forums so that you never had to login to another system. I made a windows Gadget for Vista sidebar that allowed you to see who was on the mnet server and what games were being played for Myth TFL, II, and III as well as Marathon. (It is still available on the Tain)

In early 2010 I was contacted by some folks to help with the Myth World Cup website. Even though there was a lot of drama around the actual tournament I fixed a bunch of code to get it working on the host that is had been moved to.

I also updated some the old BattleWatch code from Perl to PHP (hardly worth mentioning but if anyone needs to use it, it does work so long as the database stays up).

I remember when MagMa was just an idea and I was helping out on my crappy pc with the limited tools available at the time. I was about 17 at that time and I am 29 now. It has been pretty cool to see all of the things that MagMa has done. People came and went but it kept trucking along. I know that good things will continue to come forth for years to come. When other aspects of the community were rocky I know Myrd's Tain project was always steady and solid and has become an important pillar in the community.

Paperwork was already drafted up earlier in the summer giving the TotalCodex.net and its associated domains to Myrd. I'll no longer be a resource available for technical direction.

This topic is locked because it isn't meant to be for me to have a bunch of attention. Just wanted to inform folks of the change. Take care guys, lots of fun and frustrating memories.