Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta 2

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta 2

Post by Myrd »

Does the problem happen with 3d sound off? That option has been known to cause problems (including crashes).
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

yea I read the warning when toggling 3d sound about the crashing, however in my testing it had no effect. Tried every combination of ambient sounds/3d sounds on/off and ambient sounds being on was the only culprit.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

so uh, why has a rewind feature when viewing recordings never been put into fruition?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:so uh, why has a rewind feature when viewing recordings never been put into fruition?
For a variety of technical reasons it's complicated to do interactively. It's possible to "rewind to the start", but it's usually just as easy to reload the film as well.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

yeah i figured it might be too complicated for what its worth. i just thought it would be cool to rewind and watch something funny happen over and over, like something that happens in a fraction of a second or something, yaknow?

i hate new video games, but its hilarious to play madden, because every other play i use instant replay in slow motion... i find it absolutely hilarious but my friends always get pissed off lol.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

punkUser wrote:
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:so uh, why has a rewind feature when viewing recordings never been put into fruition?
For a variety of technical reasons it's complicated to do interactively. It's possible to "rewind to the start", but it's usually just as easy to reload the film as well.
To build on what PunkUser said, replays in Myth are different that most video games. Instead of being a 'film' per say, Myth is actually redoing the entire battle over again exactly according to how it happened. That's how you can click on specific units (friendly and bad) to see their health and text comments no matter what team.

Pretty much, asking Myth to rewind would essentially be like asking the game to go back on itself, which I'm sure would cause it to FREAK OUT and crash. :-)
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Notice a problem with melee, thought it might have surfaced with another patch.

If I am clicking my units through a crowded area with enemy units, if they get stuck for too long, they sometimes trigger and attack. This is a pain sometimes when trying to maneuver puss ghols through a crowd, because they end up autoing, even if you keep clicking to their destination non stop.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

When typing in ascii in the lobby, i get kicked to the desktop. when i use option + L or D. D goes to desktop, L locks my computer.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

I noticed this while working on a map with flying units. I was attempting to remove scenery with a connector attached to it, so flying units could pass certain areas, but the connector was preventing it. I deleted the scenery, and when I loaded loathing it crashed. I then removed the connector in fear, and it worked fine. I was told to mention it for potential fixing.

Also I don't suppose there is any way you could add something allowing flying units to fly over models?
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Zaknafein wrote:I noticed this while working on a map with flying units. I was attempting to remove scenery with a connector attached to it, so flying units could pass certain areas, but the connector was preventing it. I deleted the scenery, and when I loaded loathing it crashed. I then removed the connector in fear, and it worked fine. I was told to mention it for potential fixing.
Could you upload a zipped local folder that crashes Loathing?
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Myrd wrote:
Zaknafein wrote:I noticed this while working on a map with flying units. I was attempting to remove scenery with a connector attached to it, so flying units could pass certain areas, but the connector was preventing it. I deleted the scenery, and when I loaded loathing it crashed. I then removed the connector in fear, and it worked fine. I was told to mention it for potential fixing.
Could you upload a zipped local folder that crashes Loathing?
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... h4myrd.zip

Here you go. One mesh works fine, I took out the scenery in the other and left the connector, that mesh crashes.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Can I upload a game that shows when units get stuck on enemy units they automatically auto on them, despite me clicking repeatedly? There was a bug in an older patch, that say, you click away with trow, and if it got punched from behind, it automatically turned on its own and started to fight. This is similar, but I haven't seen it occur so much until recently. Also I tested it on a trow who gets magic dusted and surrounded by melee, you click repeatedly to try to break him loose (which I know doesn't work) but he ends up having a seizure and kicking every few seconds. I just don't think thats the normal behavior of how they should be acting.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Can I upload a game that shows when units get stuck on enemy units they automatically auto on them, despite me clicking repeatedly? There was a bug in an older patch, that say, you click away with trow, and if it got punched from behind, it automatically turned on its own and started to fight. This is similar, but I haven't seen it occur so much until recently. Also I tested it on a trow who gets magic dusted and surrounded by melee, you click repeatedly to try to break him loose (which I know doesn't work) but he ends up having a seizure and kicking every few seconds. I just don't think thats the normal behavior of how they should be acting.
Upload it and I'll take a look - though I believe it's been that way forever (if the unit gets completely stuck and can't get to his destination since he's blocked by enemies, he'll auto). I can confirm if its something new as a result of recent gameplay changes or old behaviour.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Its really noticeable in this game of cracks lmoth that I played. I did notice my ghols were lagging behind between some of my team and enemy units, but I was clicking like 20 times a second, and it still autoed. I know when a trow gets stuck and surrounded, not matter how fast you click he will start to kick enemy units. But in this case it was a puss ghol, and it just seemed out of the ordinary. Also any word on why I keep getting kicked to desktop when I used windows key and D or L or a few other commands? Never did that with old patches.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

ok its not letting me upload?