Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

k
Attachments
PUSS GHOL AUTO.zip
(22.24 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta 2

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

sick of this map resizing thing. make it the default size. i dont know why its changed for 1.7.2. it doesn't remember the map size, the map shapes are different on every map. i have to adjust it every game and its never right. cut that shit out and make it back like normal.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

PB2+ will remember your last size, afaik the only reason it wouldn't is if myth can't get write access to your preferences file. This will show up as an error message in your myth_log.

If you are noticing that the minimap is a different size on different levels - it has always been this way. Different maps have differently shaped minimaps.

If you think there is a bug in the system where it's not actually remembering the size correctly, please post steps to reproduce the issue (which maps to load, in what order, etc.)
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Yeah if you shift-rt-click the map it'll go back to the size it was in pre-1.7.2 and stay that way permanently. Furthermore you can size it however you like relative to that and it'll remember it too. But as Mel noted, it has always changed sizes depending on the map, but the *scale* is remembered now. Thus if you resize it to 50% the size, all maps will be 50% their default sizes.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

yeah well take a square map like badlands, make it a certain size, then play clash, and the map is usually much smaller. i get what you guys are saying, i just want the default size that it was pre 1.7.2. i'll try out the shift right click thing though.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

For the third time, it is how it was pre-1.7.2 now. Just shift right click it once and never think about it again. Go back and play 1.7.1 after doing that if you don't believe me.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Its really noticeable in this game of cracks lmoth that I played. I did notice my ghols were lagging behind between some of my team and enemy units, but I was clicking like 20 times a second, and it still autoed. I know when a trow gets stuck and surrounded, not matter how fast you click he will start to kick enemy units. But in this case it was a puss ghol, and it just seemed out of the ordinary. Also any word on why I keep getting kicked to desktop when I used windows key and D or L or a few other commands? Never did that with old patches.
I looked at your film and confirmed that this has always been that way. The only way to prevent this is to set the "does not autotarget" flag on the monster in Fear. Otherwise, if your unit is moving without a target and bumps into an enemy, he may switch to targeting what he bumped into.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Also any word on why I keep getting kicked to desktop when I used windows key and D or L or a few other commands? Never did that with old patches.
This has been fixed for 1.7.2 final. Thanks for the report.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

dac wrote:if I leave myth on overnight it is slow to respond. this has happened the last 2 nights in a row. [...]
I was not able to reproduce this after 20 hours idling in the lobby. Upon returning, Myth's memory and CPU use were about how I left them (memory had increased by a few kb, presumably due to the growing backchat log from the lobby), and no slowness was apparent.

If you have any more info please let us know, until then I will considered this resolved - can't reproduce.
dac

Post by dac »

I just moved and only got my comp back and up and running yesterday. I had forgotten about the bug completely, I'll let you know if I can reproduce it but I do have another strange bug today.

When I play, the A and D keys dont rotate as they used to, nor can I pan using W and S (those are all set to default)

I only remapped the taunt and overhead map keys, the rest are the same. in the controls panel it remains the same, but this happened two games in a row and even after I reset myth.

When I press A or D it does the orbit, Q doesnt respond but E does, W doesnt respond and S zooms in even though I use the c/v for those functionalities.

Not sure why it would do this, the control mappings on prefs looked good.
dac

Post by dac »

well when i restarted the whole machine it worked fine, but only myth had the problem with key mappings. dont get it.
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

I haven't read every posting here so sorry if this is already reported. Using the new beta 2 version I repeatedly have problems on CWR maps where the map, a minute or two into the game, will pan to one side until it reaches the edge. Reseting the view to somewhere else on the map will work but as soon as the mouse is released it will pan back to the side again.

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz running OS10.6.7 ( also happened on OS 10.6.6 )
Yankee
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I am almost positive you have "Enable Mouse Movements" checked in preferences, and this happens when you are Apple-Tabbing to other programs while M2 is running?

I say that because the exact same thing used to happen to me.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

dac wrote:I just moved and only got my comp back and up and running yesterday. I had forgotten about the bug completely, I'll let you know if I can reproduce it but I do have another strange bug today.

When I play, the A and D keys dont rotate as they used to, nor can I pan using W and S (those are all set to default)

I only remapped the taunt and overhead map keys, the rest are the same. in the controls panel it remains the same, but this happened two games in a row and even after I reset myth.

When I press A or D it does the orbit, Q doesnt respond but E does, W doesnt respond and S zooms in even though I use the c/v for those functionalities.

Not sure why it would do this, the control mappings on prefs looked good.
Do you have "Sys Key Layout" checked under control preferences? Is your keyboard using a non-US layout?