Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
punkUser
Site Admin

Re: Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta

Post by punkUser »

Welly wrote:There are no larger issues here. It was a simple matter of the texture cache was too large by default in the new version.
That *is* a larger issue. We don't want the game crashing/causing problems for people in the default configuration!
Welly

Post by Welly »

Correct. Therefore, isn't it screamingly obvious to just lower the texture cache to what it was in the previous update? Right? Am I missing something.
Point

Post by Point »

sure this has already been posted .... though thought id add another screen shot... the Scrambled name in post game...

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Welly wrote:Correct. Therefore, isn't it screamingly obvious to just lower the texture cache to what it was in the previous update? Right? Am I missing something.
No, it is not universal. Raising the texture cache helps certain systems run smoother. It does NOT raise to the same amount for all systems. Therefore if it is raising too high for your system, then something is off and it could be raising it too high for similar systems.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Pyro is correct. There were problems on other people's systems with the old logic. Thus we need to know if there are systems where there are problems with the new logic (like yours), and more importantly the details of such systems so that we can modify the logic accordingly to work for all cases.
Welly

Beta has expired?

Post by Welly »

The app won't let me open it, because it's "expired". Is this a problem on my account?

I'm currently running whatever version of Myth II was right before this beta now.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The beta has expired. It was designed this way so people don't keep using a beta when the next beta or when the final is out. Just use 1.7.1 for now until the next version is ready.
mikefictiti0us

Re: Beta has expired?

Post by mikefictiti0us »

Welly wrote:The app won't let me open it, because it's "expired". Is this a problem on my account?

I'm currently running whatever version of Myth II was right before this beta now.
Set your PC's date back a few months and rerun the .exe. Works for me.