Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Myth II 1.7.2 Public Beta

Post by Pyro »

Ok this is strange, I can no longer reproduce that failing to load map issue. :x
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Arzenic wrote:it's not that the keys dont work, but the key combinations used to make some characters are different. im talking about almost all characters such as ~ * ? : and so on. the biggest issue is now that if in controls menu i set the "detach unit" key to be what it was, which is the key next to enter on my keyboard, it also brings up that "Tips" pop-up in games. Even if i check to box where it says "dont show tips" it still comes up. So now every time i detach units i need to close that damn pop-up which is really annoying.
For 1.7.2 Final we will add another checkbox called "US Key Layout" where UseDirectinput used to be. This should make input behave as you have become accustomed to. We'll also change the key shortcut for the help dialog from '?' to alt+'?' so that it doesn't interfere as it does currently, allowing the use of other layouts.
dac

Post by dac »

not sure if this has been reported or not.

1) ghost of the bottom bar at game load (waiting for other players) and i have it disabled.

2) i cant go into postgame, it always crashes me. I have to control alt delete and cancel out of the screen to let it go back to the postgame.

3) opengl messes up every directx device like it wont unload or something.

4) failure to load into postgame lobby happens with direct 3d and open gl. havent wanted to try software mode.

i can post a log or something when i get back to my other machine if you like and if this hasnt been reported.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

dac wrote:1) ghost of the bottom bar at game load (waiting for other players) and i have it disabled.
Thanks - this one has been reported already.
dac wrote:2) i cant go into postgame, it always crashes me. I have to control alt delete and cancel out of the screen to let it go back to the postgame.
Not sure I understand what you mean. Do you control-alt-delete and then kill the Myth II process? Or what do you mean by "cancel out of the screen"?
dac wrote:3) opengl messes up every directx device like it wont unload or something.
"Messes up" in what way?
dac wrote:4) failure to load into postgame lobby happens with direct 3d and open gl. havent wanted to try software mode.
Please try software mode. This will help us determine if its a problem with hardware accelerated graphics on your system, or something else entirely.

Also, please make sure you've updated your graphics drivers. What graphics card are you using, by the way?
dac

Post by dac »

Hey Myrd,

Sorry for the poor description, let me try again.

I play in windowed mode that switches to full screen max resolution (1920x1080 i think, its a 23" widescreen display)

myth seems to load just fine when i start a game, but when the game ends instead of the "waiting for other players <cancel>" window the screen goes completely black. I have to control alt delete and it loads up a windows 7 full screen that asks if you want to shut down or start task manager, etc. I cancel out of that screen and it shows me in postgame lobby.

Whenever I try to load another application with myth still running that requires directx, it fails. The best example would be one of hte preloaded games that comes with windows 7, mahjong, chess, solitaire, etc.

If i quit myth (regularly) i can open tohse again although they seem to crash. I dont know what my drivers are like.

I have an integrated card, its a POS and nothing special. I can get full specs for you once im back home, like i said.
dac

Post by dac »

k uhh, video display adapter says its amd 760g. i think its integrated onto the board, like i said, nothing stellar. i need to get a new video card eventually.

i'll try software mode tonight and let you know how it goes, but the quality has always been so low with that it might hinder the gameplay. we'll see.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

SCORCH wrote:This was tested with an autohost and two players all running 1.7.2 beta build 368. The players were using Win7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, and Mac 10.2.8. Each was tested as a player and an autohost.

If one player leaves after the loading screen, while waiting for the other player. The following game will kick the autohost to the metaserver lobby and the players to the post game screen.
Can you confirm that this doesn't happen with 1.7.1?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Dac, have you tried the DX11 renderer? With an AMD integrated chip, It's likely to work better for you than OpenGL. If DX11 doesn't show up in the list for you, download and install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Also as Myrd said, make sure your drivers are totally up to date. AMD 760G/Radeon 3000 drivers:

win7/32 bit: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/ ... n7-32.aspx

win7/64 bit: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/ ... n7-64.aspx
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I would really like the melee to change back to how it always was. Today, if I am trowing, and I click or shift click a set of mauls, the trow attack only attack the mauls. Meaning, the trow will moonwalk on all of the other enemy melee/arty/whatever units and attack only the mauls. Can u make it so that melee attacks the closest target like always? Seriously, melee used to be skillful, now it seems any melee fight a newbie can win, because they just auto click. You try to be skillful and shift click, and micro manage, but it actually plays against you because units only attack desired targets. Really annoying, and it should be fixed (1.3 patch style)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I would really like the melee to change back to how it always was. Today, if I am trowing, and I click or shift click a set of mauls, the trow attack only attack the mauls. Meaning, the trow will moonwalk on all of the other enemy melee/arty/whatever units and attack only the mauls. Can u make it so that melee attacks the closest target like always? Seriously, melee used to be skillful, now it seems any melee fight a newbie can win, because they just auto click. You try to be skillful and shift click, and micro manage, but it actually plays against you because units only attack desired targets. Really annoying, and it should be fixed (1.3 patch style)
That is a single subjective opinion. It's quite probable that the current method was implemented to fix other more heinous bugs that you've long since forgotten about.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I would really like the melee to change back to how it always was. Today, if I am trowing, and I click or shift click a set of mauls, the trow attack only attack the mauls. Meaning, the trow will moonwalk on all of the other enemy melee/arty/whatever units and attack only the mauls. Can u make it so that melee attacks the closest target like always? Seriously, melee used to be skillful, now it seems any melee fight a newbie can win, because they just auto click. You try to be skillful and shift click, and micro manage, but it actually plays against you because units only attack desired targets. Really annoying, and it should be fixed (1.3 patch style)
This is not something that was changed in 1.7.2 and thus should not be discussed in this thread.
Murphfix

Post by Murphfix »

Does anyone have problem with Vsync in the OpenGL renderer?
Some time ago I noticed that camera movement in OpenGL mode wasn't so smoothly in the opposite to DX11 renderer but I was convinced that's drivers issue.
Yesterday I made one test with new Catalyst drivers and changed VSync ON to Max. FPS set to 60, then camera moved smoother, ofc with standard view distortion characteristic for application without turned on VSync on LCD screen. FPS always around 60, turn off detail texturing and triple buffer in drivers preferences don't help.
Application crashed to Windows (during the test):
2011-01-31 11:21:59
Myth II Build 368 running under Modern Windows 6.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... OK.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for DirectX 11 devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Jon God's Bungie Map TexturesB5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Running OpenGL at 1600 x 900
Starting mesh "Willow Creek"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
OpenGL: initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=1, Use32BitTextures=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1
Quitting single player game...
Running OpenGL at 1600 x 900 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "Willow Creek"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
OpenGL: initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=1, Use32BitTextures=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1
Myth Crashed (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
Attempting Stack Trace...
0 0x69b40e70 ? + 0x0000 (?:0)
Stack Trace Complete
Recording Buffers Flushed
Saved Recording To 'Crash- Jan 31 11.23.31 2011'

My current poweruser prefs:
[Net.Hosting]
PortNumber=6112
[Renderer.OpenGL]
ErasePreviousFrame=True
Use32BitTextures=True
UseDepthTest=True
UpdateCMapChunked=True
[Renderer.DX11]
ErasePreviousFrame=True
TripleBuffer=True
MSAASamples=8

What is the best program to recording full-screen application?
I could use it and upload the record.
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

Myrd wrote:
SCORCH wrote:This was tested with an autohost and two players all running 1.7.2 beta build 368. The players were using Win7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, and Mac 10.2.8. Each was tested as a player and an autohost.

If one player leaves after the loading screen, while waiting for the other player. The following game will kick the autohost to the metaserver lobby and the players to the post game screen.
Can you confirm that this doesn't happen with 1.7.1?

I just tried it again with all clients running 1.7.1 and it functions as I would expect it should. The game goes to post and then restarts after 30 seconds to the pregame as normal.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

yes well it has been a long time since myth saw 1.3 settings. which former patch is the new melee based on? was it changed in 1.5.1 or 1.6? just getting at the fact that its annoying, and continues to plague melee legends like myself.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You are confusing TFL's clicking and M2's clicking styles. In Myth2, your selected melee will do the following:

Normal Click = Target all nearby enemies
Double Click = Target nearby enemies of the same type (like only thrall, etc)
Shift Click = Target nearby enemies of the same type (like only thrall, etc)
Shift Double Click = Target that specific individual enemy

If you go to your controls in preferences, there is a checkbox called "TFL Mouse Actions". Which switches normal and shift click around just as it was for TFL (never has been for Myth2).

I can't be sure, but I think you said this before in a previous update in one of the past MWC forums. You can always load up v1.3 and see for yourself, assuming your system can run v1.3. If you are on Mac OSX, then you won't be able to.