myth 3 and admiration for magma

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Re: myth 3 and admiration for magma

Post by The Elfoid »

I've opened a can of worms with this hypothetical, haven't I! Oh well, it's good discussion, regardless of if it has any real value.

Well, 1.3.x had certain maps made for it which required 1.3/1.3.1 to run. Clem ported some of the Creation maps, and I think some classic TFL ones possibly? (I might be wrong). There's a small enough selection of maps for M3 that it'd be a shame to lose them, but if we'd hit a time when most people hadn't got a system that ran 1.3.1 I guess the point would be moot.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

The Elfoid wrote:I've opened a can of worms with this hypothetical, haven't I! Oh well, it's good discussion, regardless of if it has any real value.

Well, 1.3.x had certain maps made for it which required 1.3/1.3.1 to run. Clem ported some of the Creation maps, and I think some classic TFL ones possibly? (I might be wrong). There's a small enough selection of maps for M3 that it'd be a shame to lose them, but if we'd hit a time when most people hadn't got a system that ran 1.3.1 I guess the point would be moot.
Unless Ama finishes 1.4
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The Elfoid wrote:Well, 1.3.x had certain maps made for it which required 1.3/1.3.1 to run.
If the maps were part of the patch file itself, then it only needed 1.3/1.3.1 to include them. They might work with previous versions as long as you add that patch plugin. At least that is a theory, if they required 1.3.x because the updated code included the maps into the default list then that could be easily redone if the updated code could not be obtained.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Melekor wrote:
GodzFire wrote:Get rid of Vista? :-)
Melekor wrote : Please stop posting this every time Vista is mentioned. It isn't helpful.