Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta #2

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta #2

Post by Myrd »

Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta #2 is now available for testing:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... lic-beta-2

Everyone is encouraged to install it and help test the next version of Myth II. It is compatible with previous versions, so you don't have to worry about any red games.

The goal is to find any bugs, so that we can fix them before the final version.

A summary of the changes from previous versions can be viewed here:
1.7.1-Changes-Brief.txt

Please post all bug reports regarding Myth II 1.7.1 in this thread.
Renwood

Re: Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta #2

Post by Renwood »

I will be Hosting up some MythIV styled HD action later today, if people with macs would like to help test the new OpenGL code in 1.7.1 Public Beta2 on the mac pop in!
I do belive the new optimized OpenGL will help mac users get better performance with the High Def demo.

If you had slow FPS no matter what settings you tried stop by and ill work to help you. ill be on mnet after 7:00 PM PST tonight

Lets test this Public beta 2 guys! I keep seeing too many people with 1.7.0 still.
I sometimes am the only player in a 16 player game with 1.7.1 public beta 1.

Help find bugs people, or live with them later when its too late. We all can take a little bit of our mythin time to help magma, they have spent countless hours improving myth for us all.

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Agreed I got 1.7.1 B2 last night. I am a PC though.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Annnnnnnnnnd someone has posted Myth 2 AGAIN on VersionTracker:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18763
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Yea. His name is Myrdred. He builds the Public Beta, and uploads it to VersionTracker in hopes that it will get seen by more people.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I didn't post it on version tracker.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Graydon wrote:Yea. His name is Myrdred. He builds the Public Beta, and uploads it to VersionTracker in hopes that it will get seen by more people.
Myrd wrote:I didn't post it on version tracker.
Ouch......
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

lol gg.

The point still stands though. It might see a little tiny bit more use/testing with more press.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

nice film viewing improvements
Phex

Post by Phex »

Everything works fine for me, except for one little thing: when I alt-tab out of the game (probably only in full-screen mode, but i am not sure), and then come back, some of the sound messages are delayed. This means I get "Casualties!", "Hey!" and "Flag Captured!" sounds a few seconds (~5-10) after they happened. It also seems as if the text messages appeared delayed too (synchronized to the sound messages). I don't really care about this and I did not pay much attention to it, I just noticed it and it is clearly visible. This happens with Windows Vista. I think it happened with the old 1.7.0 version too. I could do more "research" about this problem if you are interested.

I also have a totally different question: is there any extension of the autohost feature planned? (for example saving/loading configurations, chat vote, command lines, etc)
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Yea ive had the same problem on vista most notably right at the start of the game, it wont say "units detached" for several minutes into the game, even though the units are detached. This happens in 1.7.0(1), but I havnt noticed it in 352 (but havnt tried much).

I have not noticed any other problems (no flickering, oos) yet.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Phex wrote:I think it happened with the old 1.7.0 version too. I could do more "research" about this problem if you are interested.
Please do. Also, what sound hardware are you using, and do you have the latest drivers for it?
Phex wrote:I also have a totally different question: is there any extension of the autohost feature planned? (for example saving/loading configurations, chat vote, command lines, etc)
Not for 1.7.1, but possibly for 1.8.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myrd, make sure that when 1.7.1 is released, it forces people to update their 1.6 or 1.7. If people are too lazy to check out the new versions, and they have a problem with the final released product, tough shit. They could have said something.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

GodzFire wrote:Myrd, make sure that when 1.7.1 is released, it forces people to update their 1.6 or 1.7. If people are too lazy to check out the new versions, and they have a problem with the final released product, tough shit. They could have said something.
Since when has a Magma update ever forced anyone to do anything? That's not how they role Godz. You knew that already though, quit being dumb.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Just make it say in the loading bar if people have 1.7 or 1.6:
"LOL NUBZ GIT 1.7.1! U SUX MB I HAV FILMZ!"
That'll teach em!

Yes for reals though people should ALL help test this.
I keep seeing people say "I DONT PLAY BETAS" As thier reason for not testing 1.7.1 public beta 2....Ugh
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!